Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > General Maintenance, Performance, and Tech. Info > Tire Talk

Old 02-15-2016, 07:15 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F250SCCS View Post
I'm not sure what pressure they are set at. I haven't checked them. Chalk them? I've never heard of chalking a tire. What is the purpose of that? Getting back to your previouse post Duncan, I'll definatly update as to the winter handling.
Sorry, I missed this.
Chalking is simply using a piece of chalk to mark the tread from side to side...then go for a drive as you are normally loaded...maybe 10 miles or so...then look at the chalk...if there is still heavy chalk at the edges then the tire is overinflated...it's a guide.
People tend to look at the tire rating and fill it to the sidewall rating, trouble is they typically don't carry the weight...then the tires wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F250SCCS View Post
So I'm pleased to say that I love the tires. The biggest difference is in the stopping. The tires bite in amazingly well on snow covered roads which up here are pretty much all of them. Lots or rear tire spin still. Saying that even thought the rears still spin there seams to still be lots of control. When in four wheel drive its like the snow isn't even there. I also got a good break on the insurance bill because of the winter rating. Down fall. They wear fast.
Cool on the update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2016, 02:10 PM

Lorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFXDLI View Post
Sorry, I missed this.
Chalking is simply using a piece of chalk to mark the tread from side to side...then go for a drive as you are normally loaded...maybe 10 miles or so...then look at the chalk...if there is still heavy chalk at the edges then the tire is overinflated...it's a guide.
People tend to look at the tire rating and fill it to the sidewall rating, trouble is they typically don't carry the weight...then the tires wear.

Cool on the update.
x2 not only do tires last longer. traction is much better.

"May you live your life as if the maxim of your actions were to become universal law" Immanual Kant

00 Vw jetta 2.0
77 f150 429
83 Buick century 4.3 diesel (lost to young fun)
-and many others