Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Montreal Auto Show

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Anybody ever been?

It's been a few years since I've been to a new-car show...was hoping to get to Boston this fall, but I had other plans.

Turns out there's one in Montreal (which is as close to me as Boston) in January, though: linky

Depending on what's going on and how cheap I'm feeling, I guess I probably ought to grab a hotel and just make a weekend of it if I do go...

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Bump...

Anybody know the city at all, even? I drove through it once, but it was morning rush hour and I'd been behind the wheel since Duluth, so I didn't pay much attention to anything off the highway.

Anyway...keep coming back to the notion that it's really only worth the trouble of getting there if I stay for the long weekend...but then it's getting into more money than I'd shell out for the auto show.

Is it worth a weekend in the winter?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Wish I could help Ian...but you could not pay me to visit that province or city!..I'm sure there are a lot of interesting places and sites there though.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Yeah....I'm not what you'd call a big fan of it...but if I want the things you only find in big cities (like, say, an Auto Show), I'm three hours south of Montreal, or three hours north of Boston.

I know, but don't particularly like, Boston well enough...figure sooner or later I ought to at least find out what happens if I go north, instead.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I just asked the OL as she was from near there...she suggests staying out of the purely French areas, says the downtown is pretty cool with the architecture etc...lots of good food and drinks..:D

Last edited:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Good drink?

I like a good drink. More than one, if I can afford it...

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Well...it's not a bad ride up there.

Would have been a nice time if it wasn't so crowded...I felt like one of a herd of cattle going through the "dream cars" exhibit at the start, and then you had to wait to sit in almost ANYTHING in the "normal cars" section. (Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but I don't remember the Boston one being so crowded...you'd have to wait to sit in a 'Vette or 'Stang, but not in, say, a Camry. Today, it was virtually every car.)

I was gonna wander around the city some, at least, while I was up there...but then I realized I was a long walk from anywhere worth seeing, and it was cold (~12*F)...and I didn't have the patience to try to drive across town and then find another overpriced parking lot with spaces left.

Ford Truck Articles