Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

how much hp can be had

I'm restoring my grandpas truck and would like to keep the original block for number purposes. I'm restoring this truck frame up. I want 450 to 500 hp for some serious thump under the hood. Money is not really an issue as long as its done right. And I want to be able to drive it down the road for a sunday driver. Don't care about gas mileage. I figured aluminum heads, intake, carb, How much bore? what cam? ( want SOME lope to her). I'm planning on it being balanced and blue printed. Want some suggestions on what you guys have run into. Anything you would change?

Thanks for all the help!!!!

Mike

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
what motor is this again?

if money is not an issue

and i assume its an 351?

in this order
408w stroker
some nice set of trickflow heads
and if you want a supercharger also :) <optional
custom grind cam

havent u tought of a crate engine? would make it much much more easier

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=11831

plug and play application since your worried about numbers matching a crate engine from ford racing itself would up the value

Last edited:
460 would be the most power for your money. To get a 335 series motor into the power range you looking for would cost a lot more money than you would put into a big block.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
For that kind of power, you're talking stroker. And if you're going stroker, you'll be money ahead to swap in a 460. However, 350hp can be had for about 2500, and that's just carb, intake, headers, cam kit, bore job. Might be able to tack on another 50 hp tops with a good set of heads for another $1500.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts