Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

alloy wheel center caps

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I picked up a set of cheap used wheels for the winter tires on my Mazda. The rims were originally off a Mitsubishi Eclipse, and are alloys, styled such that the center cap is really just filling the very center of the wheel, not covering the lug nuts or anything.

Came back from getting the tires mounted, and they informed me that the center caps disintegrated when they tried to take 'em out to mount my tires. Not thrilled, but no point in arguing about it...they're gone.

I'm trying to shop for replacement ones- ideally something amusing, or blank...but I'll be hanged if I can figure out how to measure what size I need, especially without one of the old ones to look at.

Looks like the outermost part of the cap is a slightly smaller diameter, maybe 2 mm (metric cars, so metric parts, I assume?) smaller, than the inside lip where the thing clicks into place.

Anybody know? It's a pain in the balls trying to find this crap online, but thanks to the evil Amazon empire nobody stocks anything locally anymore... :icon_mecker:

dustybumpers

don't play well w others

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Or you could just buy some brandy newy ones

That was my original thought...but my best measurement comes out at 53 or 54 mm...so I got confused at the 59 mm size there. I'll take a picture with a ruler next time I'm home in daylight.

Doug- the guy I bought 'em from said they were from an '06; I never saw the car.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Spyder wheels are 55 id
59 od
My car is an 01

Ford Truck Articles