Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My Dream Ranger

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
I got this pic out of a magazine and have posted it on other forums before but this is my dream Ranger. I beleive it is from Brazil and along with the four doors it has a 4 cyl turbo diesel. YelloThumbUp

BrazilRanger.jpg

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Not quite what floats my boat- at least the four-door and real short bed. I do like the turbo diesel, and I think those trucks are even available with a manual shift t-case.

Honestly, though, I'd like a bigger truck for serious work; I really dig the Ranger as a commuter/light hauling type vehicle, and I've yet to find anything better than my '97 with the Lima 2.3 for that duty. It's slow, but the seat is great, it gets good mileage, and dead reliable. (I happen to prefer the 2.3 to the 2.5, and think the '97 body style is a little nicer, and find the seats a lot more comfortable than the '98+ ones.) You might notice I think about seats a lot. Most of the miles I put on my truck, come in days of over 300 miles; most weeks I drive less than 50. Then I'll do 400 in a day, or 600 in a weekend. Seats matter to me.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
a 4 cyl turbo diesel. YelloThumbUp
Now that's a Ranger even I can love!! I'd get it for my wife!! Now, we'd just have to see if I could get a 4" turbo back, new fuel system, NOS, bigger intercooler, bigger injectors and a custom tuned SCT program. Then maybe a small lift and a transfer case doubler kit. Yeah, that'd work.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
If I could get one like that it would be more of a toy for me. Probably a trail truck so I wouldn't need to much bed room and I'm not into real deep mud so I wouldn't need anything bigger than that.

I'm suprised they never tried to market that here in the US. I bet they would sell a few. YelloThumbUp

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
It's not just the whole turbo diesel- that's a totally redesigned truck there, as I understand it. And Ford sells it all over the world except here at home.

We just keep getting the same damn thing they've been building since '83, but they keep getting uglier, and the interiors keep getting cheaper (for the last few years, anyway). They're making a big mistake, IMO, not selling their best Ranger in the US and Canada. But, they wouldn't listen to me, because if I had the cash, I'd probably buy a new Ranger tomorrow, inspite of the lack of redesign.

if i'd had that one i wouldnt have gotten stuck on the lake. awesome truck. mine rode like a lumber wagon. i liked that off road, but the 50mi/day driving to work wasn't alot of fun. never again will i do a 15 min test drive

Last edited:
This guy is a friend of mine, altho a tad older now. He now lives down in Muscle Shoals, alabama, and as far as I know, still runs it.
1997_ranger_monster.jpg

Ford Truck Articles