Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Engines > Other Ford Engines

Old 10-07-2011, 09:18 PM

clutch will become famous soon enoughclutch will become famous soon enough
man, Kiwi, ya'll git all the kewl stuff! if VW can make the TDI work here why not all the others? heard there's even a turbodiesel Subaru Forester w/6spd out there, I'd carjack somebody for that...

and thanks for that article SuperDuty, gonna read it while I eat dinner

Click for Truckee, California Forecast
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2011, 09:42 PM

a few memorable quotes:

The Powerstroke V-6 was also the loudest diesel on the market, with a constant clatter, and a prominent high speed whine produced by the twin Turbochargers.

These things are about as desirable as herpes

Old 10-08-2011, 12:28 AM
kiwi f150

kiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
man, Kiwi, ya'll git all the kewl stuff! if VW can make the TDI work here why not all the others? heard there's even a turbodiesel Subaru Forester w/6spd out there, I'd carjack somebody for that...

and thanks for that article SuperDuty, gonna read it while I eat dinner
Most of our vehicles are imported from Japan or other asian countries with the occasional euro included as our fuel prices are high $8.16 / us gal 93 octane and $5.48 / us gal for diesel which unfortunately means that we don't see very many of your cool trucks and cars out here also because we are a small market it's not worth the manufacturer making them in RHD for us ...... thats why we pay so much for them secondhand like this on e which they are asking $35k for

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-396026836.htm

http://www.drivesouth.co.nz/news/roa...-fuel-use-redu

http://www.toyota.com.au/landcruiser-70-series/range

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of sh*t by the clean end."

Old 10-08-2011, 09:50 AM

omg, yer killin' me Mark!
how's the job market for foriegners down there?

Old 10-08-2011, 10:19 AM

and if it makes ya feel better, my diesel gets about 15mpg at $4.19 a gallon here. if my math is correct, those Cruza's git aboot 30mpg...

Old 10-08-2011, 03:16 PM
kiwi f150

kiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Clutch

In the next 12 months or less New Zealand will need a large influx of workers to rebuild earthquake damaged Christchurch city which will be onging for at least ten years and if you have skills in the construction or civil engineering industry or even anything related then i wouldn't think you would have a problem picking something up - keep an eye on these two sites below and also read the online version of the Christchurch Press
( http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press )

http://www.trademe.co.nz/jobs

http://www.seek.co.nz/?tracking=jobs...Fa4A4godEgn1Nw

70 series gets about 11 litres/100km
100km = 62.14 miles
11 litres = 2.91 gal (3.78 litres/us gal)
62.14 miles divided by 2.91 gal = 21.35 mpg usa

But just to make it look better out here we use imperial gallons which are 4.54 litres to the imp gallon which then makes it around 25.67 mpg

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of sh*t by the clean end."

Old 10-08-2011, 10:29 PM

based on my math one can surmise I'm no engineer, lol. but thanks for those links, definately some interesting reading, really need to locate my passport...

btw, just read your post on new 5cyl. Ranger! not helping with the calm, rational decision-making process

one thing makes me leery: right-hand drive/left-side of the road.

Last edited by clutch; 10-08-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:19 AM
kiwi f150

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
based on my math one can surmise I'm no engineer, lol. but thanks for those links, definately some interesting reading, really need to locate my passport...

btw, just read your post on new 5cyl. Ranger! not helping with the calm, rational decision-making process

one thing makes me leery: right-hand drive/left-side of the road.
Its all the same - just remember to keep the center line of the road closest to the steering wheel ..... you might take longer to get used to the gear changes with the left hand though.

I have to think about it a little bit more though as my F150 is still LHD

Old 10-09-2011, 06:43 AM
caffeine junkie

Super Moderator

john112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi f150 View Post
Its all the same - just remember to keep the center line of the road closest to the steering wheel ..... you might take longer to get used to the gear changes with the left hand though.
I rented a RHD car in Ireland- picked it up at the Dublin airport in a snowstorm, after an all night flight.

Other side of the road, no problem. Clockwise roundabouts no problem. Shifting gears left-handed was a little odd, so I just kept my hand on the shifter all the time for the first few hours, 'til I got used to it. Only real hard part was remembering where the corners of the car were when I was sliding sideways on icy roads (damn rental car tires).

1997 Ranger XLT 4x2, 2.3L 4-cyl 5-speed -- 2009 Ranger XLT 4x4, 4.0L V-6 5-speed -- 1986 BMW R80

The advantages of modern engineering are in many ways over balanced by the disadvantages of modern civilization.
--Col. W.A. Roebling
Old 10-09-2011, 10:29 PM

yah, emergency manuavers would be a bit different...

still daydreaming about this excursion, not sure how I could make it work right now, we'll see.