Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Engines > Other Ford Engines

Old 10-06-2011, 01:32 PM

clutch will become famous soon enoughclutch will become famous soon enough
Powerstroke 4.5L?!

so I was lookin' through the truck paper the other day, and saw an LCF L55
with the above engine, never heard of these before, did a quick search here and got nothin'... anyone had any experience with these, seeing as how they are a smaller version of the 6.0, I'd be a little leery. But man, if Ford came out with a new Ranger with one of these... whoo doggy!

this might help: http://www.truckpaper.com/list/list....xact&bcatid=27

Click for Truckee, California Forecast

Last edited by clutch; 10-06-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

SuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond repute
wow... never heard of that... interested to see what other members know about it...

my first thought is that its not really a powerstroke, but not sure...

2011 F-150 XLT SuperCrew EcoBoost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I have some other options if those don't work.

What's your view on sheep?
Old 10-06-2011, 06:54 PM

Blue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond repute
That engine is a 6.0 less two cylinders. During the development of that engine there was a whole bunch of hope (in conjunction with a mention on Ford's vehicle website) that a diesel was soon to be readied and available for the F150. While that engine was being developed, Ford's and International's relationship began to sour and as far as I know, the only place you see them is in the LCF application.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:18 PM

ahh, yes, thanks for reminding me Blue Goose, I recall a lot of hubub about the diesel F150, still gonna keep my eyes peeled for one of these rigs though, I know alot of peaple that are happy with the Nissan Fuso's, and Mitsu whatevers, lol.
On an unrelated note, Supercab, you out there in the 'patch? how's that goin'?

Old 10-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Redneck Prognosticator

O'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think the introduction of the ecoboost engine helped a small diesel's chances either!

Ryan
Old 10-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

SuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
ahh, yes, thanks for reminding me Blue Goose, I recall a lot of hubub about the diesel F150, still gonna keep my eyes peeled for one of these rigs though, I know alot of peaple that are happy with the Nissan Fuso's, and Mitsu whatevers, lol.
On an unrelated note, Supercab, you out there in the 'patch? how's that goin'?

pretty good out here on the frozen tundra... can smell the crude oil from the well a mile from here as i type this...

if any of you are construction workers, truck drivers, oil workers, or just have a strong back and will show up every day, we need you here in the great frozen north... 1.3% unemployment... lowest in the nation.

my home looks just exactly like your avatar... travel trailer. be it ever so humble...

2011 F-150 XLT SuperCrew EcoBoost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I have some other options if those don't work.

What's your view on sheep?
Old 10-07-2011, 01:44 PM

yah, dat's whut I been hearin', eh! Might gonna put my CDL to good use again... just not ready to give up what I got right now, yet. Course freezin' my butt off in the Sierra's versus the Dakota's seems like a fair trade

Old 10-07-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Rattlecan View Post
I don't think the introduction of the ecoboost engine helped a small diesel's chances either!

Ryan
yah, an' premium gas is still cheaper than diesel

Old 10-07-2011, 02:49 PM
kiwi f150

kiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond repute
Do you guys get the toyota 4.5l twin turbo v8 diesel over there? - we have a few out here (70 series) and a friend of mine works in a coal mine where they have these for runaround trucks .... the company have given him one to use and he loves it.
He also says that they are easy to "hot" up with a chip upgrade and showed me this website in europe.

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/04...sel-318hp.html

Technical Data: V8-cylinder turbo diesel displacement 4461cm3 performance increase with accessory device up to 234kW/318hp (standard 210 kW/286 hp at 4000/min.) permanent 4-wheel-drive with delta4x4 780Nm at 1600-2800 rpm instead of standard 650Nm length/breadth/height 4950/1970/1866 mm fuel tank 93l standard top speed 210kmph delta4x4 top speed 218kmph standard 0-100kmph in 8,2 sec. delta4x4 0-100kmph in 7,8sec. consumption 10,2 l diesel/100km CO2 270 g/km.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of sh*t by the clean end."

Old 10-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Missouri Chapter member

FordF-SuperDuty has a reputation beyond reputeFordF-SuperDuty has a reputation beyond reputeFordF-SuperDuty has a reputation beyond reputeFordF-SuperDuty has a reputation beyond reputeFordF-SuperDuty has a reputation beyond reputeFordF-SuperDuty has a reputation beyond reputeFordF-SuperDuty has a reputation beyond reputeFordF-SuperDuty has a reputation beyond reputeFordF-SuperDuty has a reputation beyond reputeFordF-SuperDuty has a reputation beyond reputeFordF-SuperDuty has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting article on the Ford LCF
http://hooniverse.com/2011/08/27/hoo...-the-ford-lcf/