Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New dakota digital dash

I know we have all seen the first all digital dash for these trucks but they have come out with a new one with actual needle gauges, looks really sexy and fits the dash style better, granted they are a little more money but you have to pay if you wanna play.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Those are pretty cool looking!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I think it's not a bad price considering what individual gauges would cost...it's sure giving me some food for thought.

Last edited:
I look at like this, you can add to it with no issues, like cruise, auto tranny gear indicators,gear shift sensor,cooling fan controller,door locks and head light and dome light control, I mean hell lots you can do with it and a friend of mine that builds hot rods uses them and I checked one out he had and it was well made and clean looking, it had an all aluminum back which beats the OE plastic for durability.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I agree, gauge mounting and placement has been a nagging thought at the back of my mind for my build...I just couldn't bring myself to the digital dash though.
This does change things maybe.

I have decided to use the dakota gauges on my wifes 64 when I start it in the next two months. The gauge set for the early bronco will work for her truck and the needle style gauge set looks bad $$$.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I really dig the analog Dakota gauges...not so much the price tag, but if you go with an all Autometer set up, you'll probably easily hit $500, and all new parts for an original cluster to be semi-accurate will be over $300. Not sure I like the Dakota set ups as much as the factory...but the accuracy I like a helluva lot more.

This is gotta be the best set I have seen so far - the price of course. If I was designing this set I would put a square chrome cover over the center of the pointers, the big plastic knobs on the "4 gauge" are just a little too much.

Ford Truck Articles