Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

75 Bronco $16,900

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I looked at a similar one up here when I was hunting for the 79....guy wanted 22,500 for it...it sold shortly thereafter.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Very nice but I wouldnt pay over 5 for it.
You offer that guy 5000 and he will burst out in laughter as he shuts the door in your face. Even if you managed to get it for 15K or so, you would be pretty hard pressed to build a bronco like that for 15K.

beat up early Broncos will sell for 5000.

Last edited:

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
How many times have you built somethin like that and actually sold it for as much as ya put into it. We dumped better than 10K into that 76 and ended up sellin it for 800 bucks cause theres so many of em. My dad had a 77 K10 stepside shortbed that was just as nice if not nicer than that and a dealer gave us 5k for it on trade in value.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
why would you give away $9200+? if you are only getting 800 for it, keep it, or sell the parts individually, or something. I would not loose that much money.

I am saying he probably put more into it than what he is selling it for, not to mention the EBs command a premium, being very collectible. I bet in the end he will get 15K or more for that thing.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
IMO, restoring or building one of these type of vehicles is a labor of love...not a way to recoup money spent on them. I don't even want to imagine how much I'll have into my truck and I know damn well I'll probably never get out of it what I put into it.

Last edited:

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
^ Exactly! Thats why I couldn't justify selling, for example a vehicle that I put over 10K into for $800.

It is a labor of love, like you said.

If you love something, don't set it free. Keep it locked in the basement for ever!

:D

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Its complicated. Short story is it was a money sponge that never got better no matter how many parts or how much money ya threw at it it stayed basicly the same and was one thing after another after another. The 72 is 1000 times better in every way.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Thats what it looked like when I sold it. Looks like 800 bucks dont it.
001-16.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Jeez....that brings back memories!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
There were a few of those with the one I had as well!..it is the one that I really regret selling as it had a 1970 429 in it...but the body etc was just too far gone.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Yeah I finally got a couple good reliable trucks now. Just need to get the rear driveshaft rebuilt on the 72 and get the floor on the passenger side patched up and well be good to go for a couple years. Hopefully well get the Jeep done for the deer hunt but its gonna be a lot of work.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
where the heck is 10k dollars hiding in that thing! :D

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Pfffff he's got 5k in just the diamondplate. To each his own but that Gen Bronco is as unattractive as the "concept" they built a few years back.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Heresy!!!!!! :D I would trade my 78 bronco and my 95 F150 for a decent early Bronco.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts