Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Oh, Baby!

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
289 and a slushbox aren't my idea of "restored", but it's sure purty...

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
A lot of guys don't know the difference between "restored" and "rebuilt" as there are dozens of things that are non-stock, but its still a nice looking rig...

$50,000? Not where I come from

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
My father had a 1941 Ford pickup, but I also agree with Fatherdoug about the F-Series being introduced in 1948, for 1998 was the 50th anniversary of the F-Series. 1953 was the first year of the F-100, F-250, F-350, etc., and in 1975 the F-Series line up changed again with the addition of the F-150 to get around the emissions regulations with a higher GVW rating for the half ton. In 1978 there was another couple of changes one was the addition of the Ranger Lariat, which was the high end truck in the F-Series, and the other was a Louisville patterned grille which was a miniature version of the Louisville grille.smilieFordlogosmilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

Beautiful truck.....but Doug, I never understood why people would sink $50k in a rebuild and not spend a few more grand on AC and AT.....I understand the nostalgia of a standard shift, but anyone willing to fork out that kind of dough is going to want some comfort during the summer months of cruising and not worry or care about manual transmission.

That said, it is a beautifully done truck....the dash is stunning!

A lot of guys don't know the difference between "restored" and "rebuilt" as there are dozens of things that are non-stock, but its still a nice looking rig...

$50,000? Not where I come from

Ummm....pretty sure a build like this can get up that high.....pain can be $10-20k....ask Duncan.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Beautiful truck.....but Doug, I never understood why people would sink $50k in a rebuild and not spend a few more grand on AC and AT.....I understand the nostalgia of a standard shift, but anyone willing to fork out that kind of dough is going to want some comfort during the summer months of cruising and not worry or care about manual transmission.

That said, it is a beautifully done truck....the dash is stunning!

Ummm....pretty sure a build like this can get up that high.....pain can be $10-20k....ask Duncan.

That is an automatic transmission, Ken. It's just in a different place. :)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
That is an automatic transmission, Ken. It's just in a different place. :)

Oops...my bad.....the stick shift in the cab threw me off.....always looking for either the small shifter on the floor or on the column. Sorry about that.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
I never understood why people would sink $50k in a rebuild.... Ummm....pretty sure a build like this can get up that high.....pain can be $10-20k....ask Duncan.

I know it's done all the time - I personally don't think any half-ton of any year is worth that kind of $$

.... just my value system - "your mileage may vary" ;)

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
regarding dollars. Any typical new 1/2T pickup is going to cost you $30 large- IF you stay away from phrases like "crew cab," or "4WD." A typical run-of-the-mill 2015 half-tonner will sticker somewhere between forty and fifty large (most are crew cab 4X4's). Top shelf will run you $50plus, no matter which brand you choose.

Wasn't it just a couple of years ago some peeps were wondering who in the hell would spend $50K or more for a new Raptor? Wonder how close to $70K the new one will be.

But I digress- in the context of a new truck, $30ish for a beautiful restorod isn't an unreasonable amount of money. Bet it'd cost twice that just to duplicate it.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
regarding dollars. Any typical new 1/2T pickup is going to cost you $30 large- IF you stay away from phrases like "crew cab," or "4WD." A typical run-of-the-mill 2015 half-tonner will sticker somewhere between forty and fifty large (most are crew cab 4X4's). Top shelf will run you $50plus, no matter which brand you choose.

Wasn't it just a couple of years ago some peeps were wondering who in the hell would spend $50K or more for a new Raptor? Wonder how close to $70K the new one will be.

But I digress- in the context of a new truck, $30ish for a beautiful restorod isn't an unreasonable amount of money. Bet it'd cost twice that just to duplicate it.

Yup, couldn't agree more!

My KR cost $39k back in 2006.....that just seems crazy to me.

Ford Truck Articles