Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1984 Ford Ranger

I just bought a 84 ford ranger with 72k miles, new tires, new muffler, new coils, new distributor caps, and new timing belt, wondering what i can do to make this baby shine and sparkle and run like the champ i know she is.

I want to get a new dashboard or fabricate one due to it being cracked, also needs a radio (ideas on that are welcome) get some of my friends deerskin and make the seats deerskin leather, same with the steering wheel and handle for the stick shift.

Also, what can i do to clean the bed REALLY good and coat it with something protective?

Links to different things you think i would enjoy having would be awesome!!

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Welcome to FTF. For the bed lining you can send a message to Ranger429. He sells a bedliner product and sponsors the site. Please take pictures if you do your interior in deerskin. That would definitely be something different to see.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Welcome to FTF.
What engine is in that 1st gen Ranger a 2.0,2.3 or a 2.8?
Check out Ranger429"s bed liner appears to be a good do it yourself bedliner.
LMC sells dashpads for your model truck.

yeah i want it to last for a long time and with only 71k miles, hopefully i will get a long clean life out of it, i do want to raise the truck a little, put bigger tires on it, a texas style bumper, fog lights, some fun stuff, make it look a little more manly lol

yeah, me and my buddy are going to have to change some of that, but it works, and really? over 200k? SWEET i was only expecting another 100k mileage maybe, but 130k+ is awesome, and yeah, she will be maintained, i got some extra cash, whatever she needs, she gets

Ford Truck Articles