Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > General Maintenance, Performance, and Tech. Info > Alternative Fuels

Old 04-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Redneck Prognosticator

O'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond repute
Tried Casey's Premium (10% Ethyl)

I gave this stuff a spin one tank ago, and the truck just isn't running as smooth. Should I try another tank and see if it just needed to be flushed out, or should I steer clear?

Ryan
Old 04-03-2007, 07:08 PM

bobf100 is a glorious beacon of lightbobf100 is a glorious beacon of lightbobf100 is a glorious beacon of lightbobf100 is a glorious beacon of lightbobf100 is a glorious beacon of lightbobf100 is a glorious beacon of light
----Oh man is this is going to open a can of political worms but I've got to speak my mind-----

I won't go to Casey's any more. In St. Louis on the day of 9-11 attack they got caught raising gas prices to over $5.00 a gallon - taking advantage of the crisis. The Missouri State Attorney General Jay Nixon went after them and won. They got big time fines and slap on the wrist as far as any management going to jail. In my opinion they should have lost their business license. Was a totally un-American thing to do.

Thanks - I'll get off my soapbox now.
1957 3100 Telephone truck
http://community.webshots.com/user/bobsclassictrucks

We the willing - lead by the unknowing - are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much for so long with so little that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Chief Chaotic Engineer

Location: Malfunction Junction, Fidelity MO -or- Mound City, KS
mrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond repute
One thing I noticed in my van was the "premium" casey's fuel not only made it run rougher, but disappeared faster too. Same thing in my wife's suby, so I won't touch the stuff anymore.
-Tom, 98 F150 Lariat 2wd 3door / 84 E350
Old 04-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Ford Truck Fanatic Administrator

Admin

Fellro has a reputation beyond reputeFellro has a reputation beyond reputeFellro has a reputation beyond reputeFellro has a reputation beyond reputeFellro has a reputation beyond reputeFellro has a reputation beyond reputeFellro has a reputation beyond reputeFellro has a reputation beyond reputeFellro has a reputation beyond reputeFellro has a reputation beyond reputeFellro has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmm, the Iowa Casey's and northern Mo gas never caused any problems that I am aware of...
Bob, I imagine that was a more isolated incident, didn't happen up this way that I am aware of. The excuse given by some of the people that did that kind of stuff was controlling the usage... yeah friggin right..had some of that garbage at other chains as well, with no real cause to do it other than profit. Iowa prosecuted them also.

Last edited by Fellro; 04-04-2007 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:21 PM
ASE master, Ford Senior Master, Diesel and hybrid certified

Bruteforcerider is on a distinguished road
Wal mart here sells murphey oil products, up to 10 percent ethanol. Your fuel economy goes down when running ethanol.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:58 PM

tomtoc has much to be proud oftomtoc has much to be proud oftomtoc has much to be proud oftomtoc has much to be proud oftomtoc has much to be proud oftomtoc has much to be proud oftomtoc has much to be proud oftomtoc has much to be proud oftomtoc has much to be proud of
people gripe about less mpgs, but people often overlook the cheaper price too. on my old car at my old house i'd get 10% ethanol regularly (it was "midgrade", but cheaper than "regular"). i didn't mind a few less mpgs as long as it was the same (or less).

don't just say "i got worse mileage". if it was more money, then yes, gripe, but if you paid less than you would have for 100% pure gasoline, think again