Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > Off-Road

Old 11-07-2010, 01:35 AM
^LARGE carbon footprint^

UNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond repute
A small update, the later model (1990) brake calipers showed up (they corespond with the later model caliper brackets that I'll be using) and were also painted the same charcoal as the caliper brackets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Do I really need to reply to this thread? I have been fishing, drinking and then cleaning fish, followed by more drinking. Not exactly in that order.

1979 F250 4X4, far from stock
2005 F250 6.0, stock ...........I swear.
2008 Expedition Limited 4x4,Loaded, The wife's rig
2004 Lincoln Town Car, my plush work ride
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2010, 11:11 AM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Pics?????????????????
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:27 AM
^LARGE carbon footprint^

UNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond repute
I'll have to take some today. Oh and I forgot mu u-bolt flip kit showed up as well.

All that is left now for the front would be a locker, a gear set up kit and a ring and pinion set (4.56). I'm also planning on a x-over steering set up, but that can be done after the axle is under the truck.
Quote:
Do I really need to reply to this thread? I have been fishing, drinking and then cleaning fish, followed by more drinking. Not exactly in that order.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:28 AM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
What are you going to go with?..I am 99.99% sure I'm going to use a Detroit TruTrac
Quote:
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:

Old 11-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

LEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond repute
^^^I seem to remember him saying he wanted to go ARB.

'77 250 400 Boggers (show)__'96 350 CC 460 SSR's (work)__'79 Bronco 400 35's (play)

Quote:
Inspired by Ian
We live in a society that keeps finding answers to problems people never knew they had.
I bow my head to Jesus, stand for my family, love only one woman, and am always proud of what I have.

Standing by my gun and Bible since 1986.

Ben
Old 11-07-2010, 11:49 AM
The Token Canadian

Admin

I think you are right Ben.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Missouri Chapter member

FordF-SuperDuty has a reputation beyond reputeFordF-SuperDuty has a reputation beyond reputeFordF-SuperDuty has a reputation beyond reputeFordF-SuperDuty has a reputation beyond reputeFordF-SuperDuty has a reputation beyond reputeFordF-SuperDuty has a reputation beyond reputeFordF-SuperDuty has a reputation beyond reputeFordF-SuperDuty has a reputation beyond reputeFordF-SuperDuty has a reputation beyond reputeFordF-SuperDuty has a reputation beyond reputeFordF-SuperDuty has a reputation beyond repute
Air Lockers FTW.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:30 AM
^LARGE carbon footprint^

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTfball68 View Post
^^^I seem to remember him saying he wanted to go ARB.
Correctomundo!

That's the plan. But an ARB also involves a compressor. I'm in the process of researching a low buck compressor setup.

......still need to snap some pics. (in my defence it's been unseasonably warm lately and it's great to be able to get some extra stuff done outdoors)
Quote:

Old 01-01-2011, 05:18 PM
^LARGE carbon footprint^

Yep I'm a slacker!!!! No pics yet!!!

Did get a set up kit with new bearings for the new D60 front.

...........all that remains for the front is a locker and a R&P.
Quote:

Old 02-09-2011, 04:33 AM

lostinfords is just really nicelostinfords is just really nicelostinfords is just really nicelostinfords is just really nice
Lee ...keep a careful watch on the upper king pin..if that is the proper name, it came loose on my 87 and elongated the thread hole....no signs of any problems until it was too late...nothing that a new pin and a welder could not correct, I hated to do that but it is a work truck and it was THE only option at the time..been holding strong for the last 3 yrs...just a heads up

good write up and pics by the way....

Last edited by lostinfords; 02-09-2011 at 04:36 AM.