Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Coolant help

Hey guys, I have a 2006 f150 lariat 5.4 triton I just purchased a few months back with 80,000 miles on it.

I recently have been hearing a gurgling or even a water sound from under my dash board on cold mornings. Note I don't even use my heat or air conditioner and I drive about two miles to work, park my car and turn it off and for a minute or so I hear gurgling or a slushing noise. Note some days I don't hear it when it's 60 degrees outa X warm for the day.

Now a week ago I took it to the dealer and they said yes your heater plugs were clogged, they fixed that and I can now still hear the noise....

So I have been searching around and allot of website have been saying that it's my coolant level. Now I just drove to work and here is a pic of my coolant level. I'm just new to all of this guys and if you cold give me some advise please do so, thank you

(Also what kind of coolant should I buy?)
(I live near a Walmart, Napa, autozone and advanced auto parts)

Attachments

• image.jpg

blacksnapon

Staff member
There's a restrictor that goes in the heater hose where it comes out of the motor. That is either not there, or has slipped out of place. Its held in place by a little "band" clamp.

Ford Truck Articles