Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DPF Delete in CO

Is there anyone in CO that can advise me to the local laws and regulations for emissions? I'm moving to CO soon. I want to DPF Delete my F-350 but I don't know if it will pass emission inspections and testing. Can any one advise?

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
If memory serves, Colorado does emission testing by county- a lot stricter on the front range, and at least some counties on the western slope don't have any annual testing at all.

I don't know what the current rules/regs are, but I think where in CO will make a difference.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Just be advised, emissions regulations are federal, it doesnt matter where you are at.

I'm going to CO Springs. I lived in Denver for 5 months, about 10 years ago. I vaguely remember seeing emissions testing shops for inspections. I'm not sure it the Springs does it though. I guess, worse comes to worse, I can put the factory pipe back on for inspections than swap it back out for the deleted pipe after. Shouldn't be difficult with it being a bolt on.

blacksnapon

Staff member
In missouri, theres 2 (Ithink) areas that require emissions testing, but anywhere in the state, during the safety inspection for licencing, if we see emissions equipment missing, it fails.

Fellro

Staff member
Just be advised, emissions regulations are federal, it doesnt matter where you are at.

This is the whole trick. It may only be heavily enforced in certain areas, but be advised it is a federal offense to remove the emissions equipment. I know it is talked about, but truth be told, every one of us can be fined for doing such things. If memory serves, it was $15000 for individuals, $30,000 for a shop for each instance. So in regards to the legal side, it is not legal to take it off anywhere in the US.

Good to know, Fellro. With that said, would a DPF Delete pipe make a noticeable difference in the exhaust output? Meaning, without looking at the exhaust, will it raise a big flag at the police?

Fellro

Staff member
All a DPF does is catch the particulates for burning off. Without actual inspection, it is hard to know it is not there by just a drive by, unless you are rolling coal out the pipes.

BIGRED911

Charter Member
Hell unhookin the pita egr valve on my cummins is jail time here in California, but ill be darn, musta knocked them wires out....Oops....dads is welded shut, gutted and sill hooked up...pull the dpf off, gut it, weld a peice of pipe through it and put it back on, a lot of owner ops are doin that with their semis....

Ford Truck Articles