Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Intakes

i think(offenhouser) they keep the moulds but not parts in stock like summit... i bet getting all the moulds ready and cast one is more expensive than just stocking them and shipping them out like summit does.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well their stuff is still around new, and they have a website...so maybe they got bought out, or maybe wiki is wrong once again. When are you gonna stop believeing that site man...haha.

Yeah most of my professors won't even allow us to use anything we get off Wiki for a reference in any of our essays...it's not credible information.

I will, however, go to Wiki, scroll down to the bottom for the list of links they use as references for their information and then cross-reference to see what's good and what's not so good as far as reliability.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Well their stuff is still around new, and they have a website...so maybe they got bought out, or maybe wiki is wrong once again. When are you gonna stop believeing that site man...haha.

Form what i found is that Offy was a engine builder that went out of biz in the 80s but this company bought the molds and the rights to the name..
Hell I don't know where the heck can you get good info..

Last edited:

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Back to the subject,

I run the Eddy Performer, it works. I have nothing to compare it against. What I can say about the Weind that makes it better in one area is the carb sealing area. It's flatter and "meaty-er". The Eddy intake has the weird spidery looking casting that the carb bolts on. Does this matter? I never had any issues but I read somewhere that some have had sealing issues.

Yeah back on the old site MANY people complained about the sealing problem with the eddies, anyways the weiand is better with sllightly bigger cams than the eddy due to the bigger ports...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey Joe...you don't know anything about the Offenhauser intake for 400's do you?

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
You know ben I've been doing some looking around and I can't find jack about these manifolds no reviews or comparisons its really weird.

yeah the small high velocity port manifold made for the 400, They were disscontinued... Although why the interest=? these guys werent made for more than 4500 rpm, they were good for stockers and made a lot of low grunt.. If you were planning a low cr heavy rv towing 400, this was the thing. now days eddy and weiand manifolds are much better with the higher cr and higher lift cams....

Okay, they seam to have continued their production, check their options,

http://www.offyparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_6/products_id/60

http://www.offyparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_6/products_id/62

http://www.offyparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_6/products_id/63

Also take note, there was an earlier discution as why the 400 was distinguished as the "m" engine, the m came later in 75 with 351ms, the 400 was refered to as 400c or 400 cleveland as it should, and theres proof here of it... no 400 should be called "m", sorry for hijacking the thread :)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks for the info Joe...as far as wondering about them...I just didn't know much about them and didn't know if they would be a better option or not. So thanks again. Looks like I'll stick with my Eddy's then.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
I don't know how the new Offy stuff is for OHV's but it's been garbage for flathead intakes and heads. Poor quality castings, sand holes and uneven grinding on flat surfaces.

Did I say I'm not impressed?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So it seems like the general concensus is to stick with the Eddy Performer...and if I want a little more power higher in the power band, go with the Weiand, right?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts