Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bronco Lift Kits

Michigan
Hey all..

Im selling my project snowmobile. I was going to buy another snowmobile but i got to lookin at my truck and its ready for a lift and some other goodies...

I have 33 inch tires on it now. I would like a 4 inch lift kit but im worried that i wont be happy with the height. What do you guys think? If i do do this im gonna to go with the rancho 4 inch lift, the Goood shocks, and upgrade to extended radius arms down the road.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
well with 4" you can run a 35-37" tire, figure in total, 4" plus 1-3 inches for tire height too...
5" is more than you think, doesnt seem like much, but imagine climing into your truck onto the floor, no seat, now imagine climbing into your truck onto the seat...
Thats about the difference you can expect...

Michigan
I had a 4 inch on my 79, wasnt happy with the height so i put a 3 inch body on it. Was ALOT better but i also had 35's

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
When you say you're 'not sure if you'll be happy with the height' do you mean it'll be too tall or not tall enough. Regardless, I usually prefer not going over 4" of lift for the main reason that you won't have to worry about lenthening absolutely everything, having to get new d-shafts and worry about bad angles. With 4" you should just need to extend brake lines and other hoses. You should be able to handle 36's pretty easy with a 4" lift, and I wouldn't want to go any bigger than that without a solid front. I personally think the stance will look pretty doggon good. As far as Rancho, they'd be one of my top picks. My rule of thumb when it comes to lifts...You truly do get what you pay for...the more you pay, the better the flex and ride and the opposite is true for cheap lifts, but then you get to keep a little more coin in your pocket.

If it were me, now all I would have to figure out is what Swamper I was going to go with now.

Michigan
LOL! Thanks man. yea i might order my 4 inch lift next weekend. I wanna go with rancho, Upgrade to the RS9000 shocks (i have 6) yay.... Going to try to buy everything without using the money i get from my snowmobile first....

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I'm just going out on a limb here and saying... I don't think you'll fit anything more than 35s MAX.

My truck has a 4" lift and my 33's are just about the biggest I can fit right now. I do think the Bronco starts a little taller cuz from what I've seen-- Broncos can fit 33's stock and F150s can't (as far as I know). So my 4 inch lift = 33" max... Thus I'm think bronco 4" lift = 35s max. Just a guess on that one.

As for the height-- 4" is pretty good I think. Ben is right about having to do a lot of extra crap when you pass the 4-5" threshold. One thing I will say-- you will probably be okay with NOT having to extend your brake lines on a 4" kit. Most 4" lift kits do not come with extended brake lines because it's not needed. Extended brake lines usually come with 6" lift kits (and for good reason).

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Not sure on bronc's but on trucks 6" requires brake lines, and thats it usually....
Drop pitman arm ofcourse...

But other wise your USUALLY good up to 6", do some research on FSB?

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
4" i can see, 6" not something i would care to test...
Idk maybe its just me but steering seems kind of important, being that i dont understand steering geometry to well, i kinda tend to not mess with it.... at all.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
you will need a 4" minimum to fit 35's and your gunna rub on the radius arms at 3/4 lock. Do a 4" with new rear springs and leave the stock bumpstop on the rear and then do a 1" spacer lift on the front 4" coils

Greystreak had 4" of lift (Tuff Country 'cause I wanted the alignment adjustment) and it was all in the springs. No blocks or spacers. Measuring ride height before and after showed a gain of approximately 5" in the rear and 4" in the front. I pondered that one for a bit and then remembered that Fords come out of the factory with the tail a bit taller so that they level off when they are loaded. I rarely carry anything very heavy in the Bronco so I added a 1" leveling kit to the front and ended up with basically a 5"+ a little lift. 33's swung just fine and never even tried to rub even with the wheel hard over. 35's might have but I doubt it. I plan on trying 35's when I swap Greystreak's lift under the '93 I am working on now.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts