Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hard to find parts?

I need a source for some smaller, harder-to-find parts for my truck, a 2000 F350 super duty quad cab dually.
I need things like:
Underhood fuse box cover
"powerstroke" engine cover
battery covers

anyone got any ideas?

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Uhh..a Ford dealer? If I had the parts catalogs, I'd provide you with the numbers, but no one supplies the books, and the microfiche slides are $110.00 a set.

I do have the car/trucks parts catalogs from 1948-1989.

I have 5500+ posts on t'other site since November 2006. Ppl need parts help, and as y'all know, the dealers parts 'help' could care less.

Well, the dealer told me try a wrecking yard, and the wrecking yard told me try the dealer...
go figure!

Parts departments at the dealers are usually useless. I found one guy in Harrison, AR that is very helpful. I need to contact him again....I forgot. LOL

Bill has a part time job fixing my mistakes. He has a full time job finding numbers though.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Parts departments at the dealers are usually useless. I found one guy in Harrison, AR that is very helpful. I need to contact him again....I forgot. LOL

Bill has a part time job fixing my mistakes. He has a full time job finding numbers though.
The pay is lousy, but the rewards are priceless.

Fellro

Staff member
Keep an eye on ebay, surely it wanders through from time to time... A GOOD yard would be able to find something, the lazy ones will tell you that.

I may have to go to springfield to find a "good" yard. These two yards in joplin control about 98% of the late model truck parts. The "good? yards around here are the ones that handle the older stuff. I was even hoping there was some kind of aftermarket=dressy=uppy parts to throw on instead.

Fellro

Staff member
I did some searching, and it would seem the bling is just not there for the strokers, kinda surprising...

Oh well. Thanks for looking YelloThumbUp

Last edited:
I may have to go to springfield to find a "good" yard. These two yards in joplin control about 98% of the late model truck parts. The "good? yards around here are the ones that handle the older stuff. I was even hoping there was some kind of aftermarket=dressy=uppy parts to throw on instead.

Good luck sir on finding truck parts for your beloved ride! Keep it up!

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings

Been a long time since I crawled around a junk yard looking for parts, but I BELIEVE there's a good yard in Aurora...........I'd look around the Aurora and Mt Vernon area, then start working your way in.

Don't quote me on that as gospel though.

BTW Where you been hiding lately? We been getting worried about you :)

Gunner

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I need a source for some smaller, harder-to-find parts for my truck, a 2000 F350 super duty quad cab dually.
I need things like:
Underhood fuse box cover
"powerstroke" engine cover
battery covers

anyone got any ideas?

I've got some battery covers laying around here that never made it back on. The fues box cover I could probably find but the engine cover mabe hard to come by lemme ckeck..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts