Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I've been away for a while

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Hey Folks

I've been gone for a while. Probably not a lot of you remember me. When I was here last I had an 06 Extended Cab F250 Diesel. I had to get rid of her about 3 weeks ago, and now I have a 11 4 Door F250.

Anyway folks.............I've been away for a while...........

Gunner

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Welcome back dude! It's been a really long time!

How about some pics of that truck? I'm also the proud owner of a 2011 truck-- F150 EcoBoost :D

Clicky

Last edited:

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Shoot one of my truck and my trailer

20ef4665.jpg

Believe it or not.........I bought that truck USED. An old duffer that does buisness at the Ford house I go to bought it about Feb or Mar, and rigged it out to pull a trailer (it doesn't have overloads on it, but it DOES have airbags that HE put on the truck). Well anyway, he drives it for about 3 months, decides to retire, and trades it on an F150.

I get a Lariat with ALL the goodies except for the nav system, moonroof, and "man step" in the back, for 42K, and it STILL under factory warrenty. And it only had 11K miles on the clock when I bought it.

I got way...........WAY lucky with that beast, I'm here to tell you. And it even matches my trailer (which was a VERY strange coincidence, as my 06 F250 Extended Cab was black).

But anyway..........thar she is.

Gunner

P.S. And, as bad as I hate to admit it, this thing pulls my trailer with a LOT more gusto than my good ole black warhorse ever did.

Last edited:

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Well My 06 was showing her age. in 09 when I got laid off, I took a one off job for a friend of mine that bought a boat in California, in Sacremento. Well he didn't tell me I'd be pulling the TITANIC back. It was about a 35 foot pontoon boat with a little camper built on top of it, inboard power plant, and weighed a TON. I pulled this pig over Donner Pass on I-80, through Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, and home. Well I go for my 125000 checkup (which I was 2000 miles late for). We pulled the rear end cover off her, and the rear end oil looked like chocolate pudding. We LITERALLY spooned it out, and found these little straight pieces of metal laying on the bottom of the diff. Looked like sewing needles. She's been shearing splines. That, and she started to develop a nasty cough occasionally. Replace the FICM on it but that didn't help.

So I'm thinking lately along the lines of getting a new truck, BUT I'm STILL trying to get that Trans Am I'm building out of the shop (THATS ALMOST finished, but thats another story), but I know Big Black is sick, and she's gonna cost a lot to fix. Well I'm out on a job about a month ago and the wife calls me up and tells me about this truck. At first, I'm against it (The idea of EXHAUST FLUID STILL rubs me the wrong way), but I go and look at the new truck and take it out for a drive.

The rest is history ;D

Gunner

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
GUNNER!!!!! If your lit up green light isn't a sight for sore eyes!!! Welcome back!

Man I've been up to my EARS on long strange projects...........Fighting the good fight! I'm here to tell you it's been weird ;D Glad to be back though!

Gunner

Are you still in the 'oil bidness'? Traveling? If so where? You HAVE been missed.......a bunch! mrxlh Lester (Ryan) has had to do double duty representing the 'oil bidness', political insight, and holding the place together in your absence...

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Anyway folks.............I've been away for a while...........

Yeah, it has been a while, hasn't it...

Glad to see you back!

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Are you still in the 'oil bidness'? Traveling? If so where? You HAVE been missed.......a bunch! mrxlh Lester (Ryan) has had to do double duty representing the 'oil bidness', political insight, and holding the place together in your absence...

Yeah I'm still "doin da drillen". Right now I'm on a job just SW of Pampa Tx. And yes.........It's HOT. Hot enough to affect the mileage in my truck!

Gunner

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Yeah, it has been a while, hasn't it...

Glad to see you back!

Yeah it has. I've been up to my eyeballs in projects, and between that and work, well, it's been tough to get online. Glad I'm back though!

Gunner

Ford Truck Articles