Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

compression change

Ok I have finally talked myself into gettin some aussie heads. My question is how much will my compression change and will I have to run octane boosters or premium fuel. I have sealed power 8.5to1 pistons right now. Another question is is will adding these heads affect my torque curve to where I'm gonna have to turn it up more to get that added power and how much of a gain should I expect to see from this

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fl.
The aussie heads will make better torque / power at the same RPM so you will not have to turn the engine harder. They are closed chambered so your compression will be raised. You will need most likely need to go to premium fuel. Without fuel injection / timing control it is hard to stop the pinging with anything over 9.5 to 1 compression ratio. Unless you work on the quench some but that is new pistons. Tim Meyer is a great source for these heads. Your performance gain will be noticeable.

You will be better off with your stock heads. With those dished pistons that are likely a lot more than .030 in the hole, you will just be chacing your tail around with detonation.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts