Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Airbag Flash Code

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
1994 Ford F-150...

Airbag code flashes this code:

Long pause
5 blinks
Short pause
4 blinks

Repeat.

It does this indefinately as long as the truck is running.

Ryan

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
the crash sensors are on the radiator support. if i am not mistaken they ground out to the support. before we go to deep, lets see what the code is.

blacksnapon

Staff member
I agree with bowtie..... there isnt a 54 in either 93 or 94. The codes only go to 53. A 45 is the radiator sensor not mounted properly.

i cant find a lfc 54 but i can find A .45 and make it all better...

It's not THAT terminal, is it???

Seriously, though, isn't it supposed to flash a nuetral code before displaying active ones? Like my Freightshaker flashes 11 before any active codes...

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I double checked. Confirmed 4-5 code.

Any idea where this sensor is mounted? Is there anything I need to do to be extra careful when re-mounting? Unplug the battery? I don't want to deploy my airbag. :)

Ryan

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I'd do it just for you, Aaron. But... I do not own a video camera. Maybe if you send me a fancy DVD burning one in the mail, I'll 'borrow' it and record it for you.

Ryan

I double checked. Confirmed 4-5 code.

Any idea where this sensor is mounted? Is there anything I need to do to be extra careful when re-mounting? Unplug the battery? I don't want to deploy my airbag. :)

Ryan
abso-freakin-lutely wanna disconnect the battery! and ya wanna watch out for that lil bugger NEXT time you go tryin' to paint the radiator, lol...
check the wiring while you're at it, just to make sure it hasn't aged and cracked, that sort of thing. Have FUN!

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
oh wow, never thought a serious comment was gonna come from tom!!

ryan, i have worked on airbag systems before and never disconnected batteries but i love to live on the scary side lol. disconnect the batteries and wait 5 minutes for the system to completely depower. look on the radiator support for little black box with maybe a white connector with a possible green screw attaching it to the support. i thinking possible bad connection/ground causing this, but a bad sensor can do it as well.

oh wow, never thought a serious comment was gonna come from tom!!

ryan, i have worked on airbag systems before and never disconnected batteries but i love to live on the scary side lol. disconnect the batteries and wait 5 minutes for the system to completely depower. look on the radiator support for little black box with maybe a white connector with a possible green screw attaching it to the support. i thinking possible bad connection/ground causing this, but a bad sensor can do it as well.
Hey, just because I refuse to take life seriously doesn't mean I can't THINK like a rational person! Heck that's why I got the user name I DO... I can't leave NOTHIN alone when it comes to fixin' things.
All someone's gotta say, is "I got a problem..." and I'm all ears, and the brain starts whirring...

Live dangerously, Tom! Its cheap thrills. Besides, if you keep your eyes closed, it wont blow!bs flag bs flag bs flag

I had a buddy a while back took a minor bump on the nose in his truck. He decided to straighten out the rad support by himself with a crowbar and just about knocked his girlfriend unconscious...she was in the driver's seat at the moment...

Ford Truck Articles