Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Battery Recharge Problem

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Buy a new battery and a battery tender jr

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thats basically what I figured on doing. Being the truck wont be driven until late spring, I'll buy it then.

Good...that beautiful truck deserves that!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks Duncan.

Whens yours ,,,,,

Got the tender...truck is dragging on...with no completion date..hehehehe.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Thats basically what I figured on doing. Being the truck wont be driven until late spring, I'll buy it then.

What happens if there's a fire and you need to drive it out....oh wait, it's on blocks so it won't matter. :wasntme:

Good...that beautiful truck deserves that!

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

If we killed a battery we dropped a aspirin in then and sometimes they came back to life. I was surprised out worked.

That's interesting...I wonder what the science behind that is....pretty cool trick.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Maybe a seltzer type reaction that might lift solids around...but it would be temporary and there are simply no free meal tickets...unless, of course, you buy GM or are a Liberal.

:D

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Maybe a seltzer type reaction that might lift solids around...but it would be temporary and there are simply no free meal tickets...unless, of course, you buy GM or are a Liberal.

:D

Correct Duncan....we used Coca Cola back in the day at times to regenerate a dead battery...worked for a short term also...This gave the seltzer reaction that you spoke of...:) just an fyi..always remove the ground cable from the battery on stored vehicles,if you do nothing else...

Last edited:
After adding epsom salts ( premixed in a little water) I put the battery charger on, from 8 AM @ 7 amps to 8 PM @ less than 2 amps. Looks like it took a charge.
This morning I'm putting the tender on it till I have a chance to start the truck.

Ford Truck Articles