Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Rear view mirror glue help....

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I just haven't taken the time. I have 30 miles on my dent this year so far.

And I took my BII to get it inspected.

Since mid-December, I've put less than 30 miles on Red too...but that's more or less because of the P/A system being fubar'd.

Since the middle of January, I've put maybe 100 miles on the Bronco.

Thunder hasn't moved in a year and half, hoping to swap that engine out or rebuild it by August though. I have the spare motor in waiting, just have to find the time.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I drive it every chance I get, which, like you fellas, isn't much. Last year, going to 6 car shows ( 2 1sts and 4 2nds :) ), I only put 1100 miles on it all last year and its still more than you fellas. This year? Probably only 30 in town and that one trip we took to the coast (about 250 miles r/t).

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Very fun!!! I enjoy driving it so much! But I'm not putting it on the shelf just for show!

EUREKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel like I just rebuilt my engine!!!
The mirror finally stayed on and I tried with everything
I had to pull it off and couldn't!
Well... I wasn't quite that-happy but still pretty dangged happy when a friend
from work's son broke mine off without breaking the windshield! LOL :)

No more having to look around that sucker since '78.

Nuttyboy in AZ

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ken I'm glad it worked for you finally. I wouldn't have used paint thinner because it can leave a residue. Acetone won't, it's used for all types of resin and epoxy prep cleaning. I keep it here by the gallon along with lacquer thinner , the next best thing to nothing for cleaning .

So, now I'm worried, I'm going to get in one day and find the mirror on the dash or the floor because it fell out over night.....did I mess it up? Or do you think I'm all set with what I did.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I think you will be fine Ken

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Thanks fellas!

I went through the same type of mess until I discovered "the special glue". The stuff I use is just the carquest brand from the local parts house, never had any of them fall off since. You should be fine.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts