Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Help identifying part

There is a little circular tab just to the right of the shifter on the center console of the Ford Escape. Mine is missing and I need a new one. Only problem is I have no idea what it's called and or how or where to find a replacement. I've seen them on several cars so hopefully it's universal. Any help would be great.

Nexus 4 w/TapaTalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372740670437.jpg

blacksnapon

Staff member
I think that's for when you lose battery power, you can still get it out of gear.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Sounds right to me Vince.

I'd look for anything saying something like 'shift lock'. I want to say you can also find it on the Ford 500's with the similar rounded shift knob.

Ok sweet! So now I've at least been able to identify the part doing a search for "shift lock" or "shift lock cover". I get pictures of similar things on different cars in google pics etc. The one thing I haven't been able to do is identify a part number or find somewhere to acquire it. Any further suggestions? I just picked up this escape a few days ago and that hole in the center console is killing me. LOL!

Nexus 4 w/TapaTalk 2

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I'd suggest giving the local Ford dealer a call, or searching for a similar model at a junk yard. The piece shouldn't be very costly at all.

Ford dealer says you have to buy the ENTIRE shifter assembly. LOL! Gonna hit the junk yards but will wait until I've gone through and refurbished the whole thing. I'm sure I'll end up needing a half dozen little things here and there.

Nexus 4 w/TapaTalk 2

blacksnapon

Staff member
Ford dealer says you have to buy the ENTIRE shifter assembly. LOL! Gonna hit the junk yards but will wait until I've gone through and refurbished the whole thing. I'm sure I'll end up needing a half dozen little things here and there.

Nexus 4 w/TapaTalk 2
Yep. Its integral to the shifter.

Ford Truck Articles