Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

new truck

well i broke down and bought a new one my daily driver toyota was giving up the ghost at 60K trans was going the fan motor was going i said the heck with this and traded it in for a 2011 Escape... hopefully i can get five years outta this but hey its a ford it should last!
PS i love t his sync system

Congratulations, Bob! With my truck in the body shop, we're driving a 2011 Edge rental.....It is absolutely awesome!

Last edited:
if my daughter would email em to me id have some pics... she has a couple right after we test drove it with all the plastic still on it.... There is something about driving a car off the lot with less than 5 miles on it that makes you feel like king of the hill!
The only major problem is that my wife found out that the Sirius subscription plays something other than country music lol

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
if my daughter would email em to me id have some pics... she has a couple right after we test drove it with all the plastic still on it.... There is something about driving a car off the lot with less than 5 miles on it that makes you feel like king of the hill!
The only major problem is that my wife found out that the Sirius subscription plays something other than country music lol

I'm sure there's a TSB or some kind of repair procedure somewhere for that problem.

Congrats!

Ryan

Congratulations, can't hardly go wrong with an Escape, I love mine. Great run around vehicle, and they are tougher than they appear.

ive been so busy on life that i havent had time to get on here at all....my steo daughter likes my escape and she is getting her license hopefully this month, so unbeknownst to her we just bought her her own ford escape a 2003 6 cyl.... its dark blue with beige interior pics to follow when i can... we were at the ford dealer to buy me another pickup as i had been in an accident two weeks ago with my truck and its a total loss... lolo we got a great deal on two cars while there

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Congrats on the truck. It looks nice.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I hate to burst y'all's bubble, but.. both the Escape and Edge are based off Mazda designs. Escape = Tribute; Edge = CX-9.

So is the Fusion/Milan (Mazda 6) and whatever confusing mixed bag of initials...Lincoln calls their version.

The current Escape does not have a telescoping steering wheel...tilt only. The 2012 Escape, so I've been told, will be all new.

The Escape was one of the vehicles I was considering to replace my 2008 Fusion with (I needed something that had a higher front seat).

But, the Escape's driving position was so cramped (almost as bad as a Nissan Pathfinder), I ended up buying something else.

btw: FoMoCo once owned 33% of Mazda, which by Japanese Corporate Standards, gave FoMoCo a controlling interest.

But, after recently selling off 30% of Mazda...back to Mazda, FoMoCo now owns only 3% and so...no longer has a controlling interest.

Did'ja know (do you care) that French automaker Renault has a controlling interest in Nissan/Infiniti?

Last edited:

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
Thought the whole Ford/Mazda thing was common knowledge and had been going on for some years up until Ford sold off their shares of Mazda.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Thought the whole Ford/Mazda thing was common knowledge and had been going on for some years up until Ford sold off their shares of Mazda.
It's common knowledge for those in the know...but how many people are in the know? IMO, prolly less than 1/100th of 1% of the US population.

If people do not read insider autobiz mags like Automotive News, or visit websites like FTF or the thetruthaboutcars.com, they won't know diddly.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
It's common knowledge for those in the know...but how many people are in the know? IMO, prolly less than 1/100th of 1% of the US population.

If people do not read insider autobiz mags like Automotive News, or visit websites like FTF or the thetruthaboutcars.com, they won't know diddly.

Don't know about all the that. My wife knows all about it and she doesn't know a whole lot about cars.

blacksnapon

Staff member
HMMMMM......our Mazda guy is always griping that the tributes he has to work on are all Ford parts and all Ford programming. As are the Edge, Escape. Nope, its closer that the Mazdas are Fords.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Admittedly, there's a lot of part swapping going on. Ever gripe at the no dipstick for the trans in the Lincoln LS, Explorer, and others? Jaguar is to blame for that one. Ford 500.........Volvo. Ever notice how much the Flex looks like a Landrover?

whatever confusing mixed bag of initials...Lincoln calls their version.

Lincoln didn't make a variant, but Mercury did and it's called the Mariner. Escape enthusiasts frequently refer to them as "the triplets" or the E/M/T (Escape/Mariner/Tribute)

Personally it doesn't burst my bubble, it's got a blue oval on the front, and I don't think there are any modern vehicles left that are not a jumble of parts from all over the world anyway.

As mentioned in 2012 the Escape, if it keeps it's name, and probably will, will be a Yankee city slickers miniature mini-van, a spin off of a global Ford designed vehicle known as a Vertrex I think. :(

But, the Escape's driving position was so cramped (almost as bad as a Nissan Pathfinder), I ended up buying something else.

Oddly enough I'm very comfortable in my '01, and I'm 6'4" tall. I test drove a 3rd generation ('08-'11) and found it cramped as you did. The interior space is supposed to be the same but I found it uncomfortable in the newer design.

Ford Truck Articles