Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

well it is a ford.. ZX2..

rambler

New Shoes......
OK, well my daughters ZX2 had a cracked exhaust manifold and I also read that the Constant Control relay is what could be messed up on her AC, as it will not engage.. even with bypass ...

so off to pick and pull, picked up a CC module and a manifold. pull it all out, replace them.. now wont start.. I did not hear the fuel pump priming when starting, so then replaced the CC module with the old one.. ( keep in mind the car RAN in the garage.. ) just not very well..

same thing, just wont fire.. checked plug, has spark, checked fuel it is spraying out of the filter.. so then "assumed" clogged cat.. so pulled the cat back off... and same thing will not engage.. check all connections still connected.. so what did I do wrong ?

I am in trouble as it run before. I "fixed" it.. also NO codes are showing, probalby because I unplugged the battery each time..

ideas ?

blacksnapon

Staff member
OK, well my daughters ZX2 had a cracked exhaust manifold and I also read that the Constant Control relay is what could be messed up on her AC, as it will not engage.. even with bypass ...

so off to pick and pull, picked up a CC module and a manifold. pull it all out, replace them.. now wont start.. I did not hear the fuel pump priming when starting, so then replaced the CC module with the old one.. ( keep in mind the car RAN in the garage.. ) just not very well..

same thing, just wont fire.. checked plug, has spark, checked fuel it is spraying out of the filter.. so then "assumed" clogged cat.. so pulled the cat back off... and same thing will not engage.. check all connections still connected.. so what did I do wrong ?

I am in trouble as it run before. I "fixed" it.. also NO codes are showing, probalby because I unplugged the battery each time..

ideas ?
What year/engine? Most constant control relay modules also have the pcm power relay in it as well. Make sure you check both fuse boxes too ( one under the hood, one under the dash).

Last edited:

rambler

New Shoes......
2000 ford DOHC engine... the CCRM was the same part #, but came out of a stick, would not prime the engine so put the old one back in.. it was working fine, just was told that is the reason the AC quit working... I did check the fuses. in both sections.. got spark, and fuel,, driving me crazy..

rambler

New Shoes......
thanks.. I'll look into this. I did replace the cam sensor, as was told they go out w/o warning. but did not help, also timing belt looks good, no broken teeth that I could tell

Ford Truck Articles