Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generation 4

Generation 4 1961-1966 F100, F250, F350

Old 08-17-2014, 10:50 AM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyardjeff View Post
The mustangs most likely had o/d which I do not,I would leave it a 3/4 ton if I could put a o/d trans behind the 460 but its cheaper to convert to a 1/2 ton. Its going to cost a couple grand minimum to put a o/d trans behind that motor and I will have less then 500 in it doing it my way.
some do some dont.. it didnt matter if they compared autos or manuals.. they all saw the same. wasnt wanting to talk you out of doing it. just wanted to let you know that the gearing alone your not going to see much from it.

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

"I never FAIL... I succeed at finding what doesn't work."
-Christopher Titus
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2014, 11:29 AM

junkyardjeff is on a distinguished road
I am just trying to get it more highway friendly and ride a little better,I should have bought a 100 but this 250 was much cheaper so its all I have to work with and not going to start over with another truck. I spent about 4 years doing the body work and can not afford to buy another that is done so this one is getting converted,I wish now I would have got a 351-W and AOD but when I bought the 460 gas was around 2 dollars a gallon so I am going to work with it. It got 13 on its last trip and I am going to see if I can get it up to around 16 but if it does not happen I will end up with a truck that is more highway friendly and I will not have spent a ton of money trying,not including new tires I should have about 500 dollars in converting the suspension over to a 1/2 ton and what ever I get out of the original parts will help with the new tires. I was planning on hauling a bunch but the more I think about it if I ever do I am going to buy a 90s F250 that has all the creature comforts plus overdrive when the time comes.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:02 PM
kiwi f150

kiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond repute
What about converting to propane ??

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of sh*t by the clean end."

Old 08-17-2014, 06:27 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi f150 View Post
What about converting to propane ??
thought that was only for diesels??

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

"I never FAIL... I succeed at finding what doesn't work."
-Christopher Titus
Old 09-01-2014, 09:54 PM

Picked up the front suspension from a 77 today at the local U pull that was having a 1/2 off sale,kind of forgot I picked up a set of 8 lug disc brake beams that was set up for a front sway bar so I have to get them apart so I can get the sway bar brackets off and install them on the 1/2 parts. I hope to get taking the 66 apart in a couple weeks as I want the conversion done by early october.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:04 PM

Got the sway bar brackets off the 3/4 ton beams and now trying to get the 1/2 ton beams apart,the nuts under the spring wil not budge so more soaking with PB blaster. I was hoping I could use the 3/4 ton beams but they have larger king pins,I had to cut the nuts off those beans so I might have to do the same with the others but trying to save the bolts.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:28 PM

cbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond repute
You dont have a way to show pics? Ilove seeing mods like this!...

Im not a bum,Im on vacation!....
Old 09-03-2014, 09:54 PM

I will take some pics but will not have a way to post until I get a new computer,right now I would rather spend the money on the truck instead of a computer.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:19 PM

Front suspension is off the 66 and do have one disc beam on it but need to get parts before I can go any further,I am taking pics but wont be able to post them until I get a new computer.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:03 PM

I think the new kingpins in the 66 beams are the same as the 76 so apart they come this weekend and will find out for sure,if they will work it will save me a hundred dollars and I hope I can get the bushings out of the spindles without destroying them.