Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Cowl Emblem inserts

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I stopped by the local Napa today to see if they have some of the inserts for the cowl emblems and I only saw two sizes (of course I can't remember). They just didn't look like the right size. Does anyone know right off hand.

Sleeve Nuts
By PICA

Emblem_Location_73-79.jpg

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I got some from NAPA for my bedside emblems. I'm assuming they would be same size for cowl emblems. I will try to write down the part number tomorrow. Of course I can't use them because PO drilled the holes to read "XLT Ranger" instead of "Ranger XLT" on driver side.

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
Try www.macsautoparts.com they will send you a catalog free I think, if not I can send you one of mine, I might even have some of those clips? you are refering to the barrel clips that hold the emblems on right? how many do you need Buck, if I have what you need they are yours free

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Yep, the barrel clips. I bought some from Napa a while back, but they just didn't seem to fit very well and the other size they had were too big. I was going to order some from Broncograveyard (they are pretty cheap), but shipping defeats the purpose of the cheap price unless I can combine with another part and right now, I'm not getting anything from there (yet). I need a total of 5 of them, but I was going to order all 12 I need just to have extras. Rick, if you do have some extras, I'll gladly take em. Thanks for the offer.

They are actually sleeve clips as they are not barrel shaped.

Barrel clips are shaped different and have a different application.

Barrel clips were used on the Mustang Letters

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I guess I really wasn't sure what they are called for sure. That's what the Graveyard had them listed as. Half the time, that's the problem when looking for things is getting the names straight.

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
give me your address Buck-O
you still got my e-mail? if not it is [email protected]
I don't like chrome or emblems so they don't do me any good and you are more then welcome to them
I cant imagine it will cost anymore then sending a letter out and I will get them out to you as soon as I take them off the truck

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Hey Buck any clue what kind of place re-cycle Catalytic converters?

I'm not too sure on that. I do know that you can get some darn good money for em though. Back in Nebraska in my hometown, there is a guy that comes around every so often asking my brother (mechanic) if he has any.

I'll shoot you an email for my address.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
At work we get like $40-60 for used cats off cars. Someone picks them up. Who knows how much they turn around and make

Ford Truck Articles