Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2000 F250 5.4L Long Block Install

I am helping a friend replace his 5.4L engine with a new long block. Seems fairly straight forward but I am in the planning stages right now and I thought I would draw on the experience here for any advice. Thanks in advance.

blacksnapon

Staff member
I am helping a friend replace his 5.4L engine with a new long block. Seems fairly straight forward but I am in the planning stages right now and I thought I would draw on the experience here for any advice. Thanks in advance.
Pretty much straight forward like you said. Converter bolts are a little bit of a pain, but manageable.

would you recommend getting a leveler for the engine removal. I was looking around and saw that you posted the Ford engine lifting bar (~$270.00)?

blacksnapon

Staff member
would you recommend getting a leveler for the engine removal. I was looking around and saw that you posted the Ford engine lifting bar (~$270.00)?
I never use a leveler. Hard part is, lining up motor mounts, trans bolts, torque converter bolts all at the same time.

Ford Truck Articles