Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

No Wipers and Taillights

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Can you tell if you have power to the tail light and wiper circuits coming out of the switch?

Might have to look at the schematic to see if there is anything in common between the wipers and tail lights.

Not sure where to probe to check. I could try the wiper motor switch but I doubt theres power there. I tried at the tail light housing in the rear.

I was looking for the body control module but cant find it. I even called the dealer to ask where it was located. They vaguely said behind the driver side seat in the kick panel but nothing is there. On my 06 Gas f350 its behind the glove box. I was going to switch them. I read about it behind fuse box, its part of the fuse box and passenger side kick panel.

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
I believe the GEM is mounted to and part of the fuse panel. I am thinking there are 2 separate issues there, unless they share a comment ground. iirc the wiper has constant power and uses a broken ground to change the resistance ie speed of the wiper.

I believe the GEM is mounted to and part of the fuse panel. I am thinking there are 2 separate issues there, unless they share a comment ground. iirc the wiper has constant power and uses a broken ground to change the resistance ie speed of the wiper.

So could I just ground the wiper motor? And see if it powers? I was going to disconnect motor and run 12v to it.

Didnt really look into bad motor because of the tail light issue. I figured there connected to the multifunction switch, GEM, BCM.

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
It's hard to say, I would start testing power and grounds at the connectors first to see what is where.

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
Well was just gonna say it sounds like a bad motor, but you already replaced it. Glad you found that problem, now onto the lights.

Ford Truck Articles