Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Advice on 360 intake manifold gasket job

To my dismay when I was dialing in my carb and timing with my vacuum gauge.. I realized that my intake manifold was blowing a few bubbles and blowing oil pretty badly.

I've got the origional 80lb intake.

What I need to know.. While I am in there, what else should I replace, check, adjust, etc. This will be my deepest invasion into an automotive engine. I've rebuilt small 2 and 4 stroke engines for years, so I am not clueless, but I would hate to find that one extra thing deeper still after all this work.

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Not much to see in there I don't think. Take your time and make certain you're lined up right as you set the manifold back down... it's a ***** with the cast iron stock one. And ditch the phony ass little valley seals - a nice bead of gray RTV seems to do better in my experience.

Not much to see in there I don't think. Take your time and make certain you're lined up right as you set the manifold back down... it's a ***** with the cast iron stock one. And ditch the phony ass little valley seals - a nice bead of gray RTV seems to do better in my experience.
Thank you SuperCab! I am partal to the grey stuff too. I used it to seal the belt housing to my boat's mud motor that I designed.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Ford Truck Articles