Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Winter Projects

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Well we haven't seen much snow yet (which will hopefully happen soon). I have to build belt covers for my 2 walk-behind mowers. One I completed today with some spare metal that has been laying in the basement for years now. I also have to take apart and paint both mowers. I will also be making a bracket to mount a snow plow to the one mower. Might as well make it useful for the winter months. That's about all I have going on for now.

mowercover01.jpg

So what do you all have to do during the winter to make the time pass by?

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
What difference between this winter and last winter lol. We got about 4 inches here over the weekend and then the rain washed it away by Monday.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Last year here was great. 30 inches in one night. Then a week later 20 more inches fell.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Snow plow mounted to walk behind lawn mower. Too bad I didn't get to use it with this crappy winter.

hpplow01.jpg

Mower painted and ready for spring

hpmower02.jpg

hpmower03.jpg

One more mower to go... Hopefully this week.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Both mowers painted but still need to make a cover:

bothmowers01.jpg

Trailer before:

trailerbefore01.jpg

Trailer after:

trailer02.jpg

lostinfords

New Jersey Chapter member
can I drop off my trailer for you to do and I can remove that 'old' car for you too!..:)

why aren't you working on the 'stang instead of painting the mower and trailer?

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
You can drop the trailer off lol. The mustang is on the list to get worked on but need more cash first lol

lostinfords

New Jersey Chapter member
I hear you, just waiting for a guy to come up from south jersey to buy my 3pt backhoe attachment so I can get some cash to put into the crew and bills...mostly bills, this lack of snow plowing put a real dent in my cash surplus

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Thanks Ryan. Probably would come out better if I had a sand blaster to really clean up everything. But I was happy to get that all done with $40 worth of paint and still have some left over.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I hear you, just waiting for a guy to come up from south jersey to buy my 3pt backhoe attachment so I can get some cash to put into the crew and bills...mostly bills, this lack of snow plowing put a real dent in my cash surplus

Yeah snow plowing was greatly disappointing this year.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
What are you waiting for? Take it off so I can put mine back on lol

Ford Truck Articles