Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > Motorcycle/ATV

Old 04-01-2016, 08:36 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you, Duncan. I also noticed that aluminum on the inside of the side panel next to the exhaust. I might try that, I'm going to extend the wires running to the winch. The local supply store had 8 gauge red but no black, so I ordered some. Should be here on Monday.

I also changed the oil in both units. I didn't realize that the oil would shoot out of there like a, well, I'd better not say............ Anyway, it missed the pan. Also added oil to the front hubs/gear case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2016, 08:38 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
Thank you, Duncan. I also noticed that aluminum on the inside of the side panel next to the exhaust. I might try that, I'm going to extend the wires running to the winch. The local supply store had 8 gauge red but no black, so I ordered some. Should be here on Monday.

I also changed the oil in both units. I didn't realize that the oil would shoot out of there like a, well, I'd better not say............ Anyway, it missed the pan. Also added oil to the front hubs/gear case.
Lol...and...regarding that 8 gauge...is it flexible, as in many fine strands?

What kind of crimper are you going to use?
Quote:
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:51 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFXDLI View Post
Lol...and...regarding that 8 gauge...is it flexible, as in many fine strands?

What kind of crimper are you going to use?
The original wire that came with the winch is 8 gauge fine strand, but what I bought today is coarse(less strands with thicker wire. I'll be using the crimper that I have. School me!

Quote:
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Old 04-01-2016, 08:53 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
The original wire that came with the winch is 8 gauge fine strand, but what I bought today is coarse(less strands with thicker wire. I'll be using the crimper that I have. School me!
The less strand wire is not as desirable in a location where vibration is present...just a heads up.

Can you post a pic of your crimper?

I've found the best stuff to use is welding cable.
Quote:
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:

Old 04-01-2016, 08:56 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

I have a cheap ass crimper from wally world. I'd be to embarrassed to show it. It crimps the connector all the way across, rather than putting a square hole in the middle, if that makes any sense.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-01-2016, 09:02 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

It does....and no need to be embarrassed...the issue is that those tools will not make a reliable crimp especially on that kind of cable.

For the use I would assume that you would be using...you might want to consider one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/ProDeals%C2%AE...s=wire+crimper
Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-01-2016, 09:09 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

And...I would strongly suggest that you use heat shrink with sealant...if you don't have any, I can mail you what you need to save you buying a 4' piece.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-01-2016, 09:15 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

I hope I can pick up both of those items tomorrow. Thank you very much for the help.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-01-2016, 09:17 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

Tech support line will be open if needed
Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-01-2016, 10:42 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

Thank you. I'm stuck with what comes out of the solenoid, and the sad part, is that is 5' of wire, unless I make my own solenoid.....

Quote:
Quote: