Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > Motorcycle/ATV

Old 02-09-2017, 01:02 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi f150 View Post
Yes they do use a series of standard size boxes ...... dealing with rockauto (i buy quite a bit) you need to really spend some time trying to consolidate your order to get the freight down to a manageable level. Sometimes it's cheaper to buy a dearer part and save on the shipping if the picking warehouses line up. If you are ever bored or feeling ftftft over by freight charges just plug my address into their order page and you'll be gobsmacked at some of the freight charges. (37 Belt street Waimate 7924 New Zealand).
Wow! They take your first born AND bend you over the desk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2017, 01:34 PM
kiwi f150

kiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyBilly9Mile View Post
^^^ X2, always got to keep an eye on shipping at Rock. Two thoughts come to mind on that one.....a) there is the ability to allow the web page to sub like parts of different brands in an effort to create just one combined shipment and b) when Rock kills a deal because of shipping, I've learned that grabbing "that one part" or "those parts" that Rock wants to sub over on ebay and with free ship + buy the rest on Rock can make sense.

*Does AZ customs slowly sift through and inspect packages, adding 2-3 weeks to delivery like AU customs used to (or still does)?
No i probably only get maybe 1 in 20 inspected and it normally only adds an extra day. As long as the value of the shipment incl freight is under $400 NZD there is no gst/sales tax and you'll get your parcel straight away ....... over that and you'll get an email (or snail mail if you aren't in the system) telling you the amount of tax which has to be paid before releasing the package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
Wow! They take your first born AND bend you over the desk!
No lube either Doug

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of sh*t by the clean end."

Old 02-09-2017, 09:32 PM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
That's great! I remember AU customs were so slow, unmotivated and 100% unpredictable when I was down there that if we were in a position that something absolutely HAD to get there in the name of holding a schedule, we'd put a guy on an airplane in Seattle with whatever had to be delivered in his suitcase or a package and have that person fly clear to AU and hand deliver just to get past the inefficiency of AU customs.

* Rockauto...don't forget, there is always a 5% discount code out there. pirate4x4.com is a good place to check, but they are in many places too. In fact, just used one about 15 minutes ago, and speaking of shipping, for some reason when I kept adding parts, the multiple ship point deal somehow magically became one ship point, the price dropped on shipping, and I ditched the UPS ground for FedEx 3-4 day. Drinking a big bottle of prune juice is more fun than using UPS services.

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp
Old 02-09-2017, 09:38 PM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi f150 View Post
As long as the value of the shipment incl freight is under $400 NZD there is no gst/sales tax and you'll get your parcel straight away ....... over that and you'll get an email (or snail mail if you aren't in the system) telling you the amount of tax which has to be paid before releasing the package.
What if someone writes "gift" on the box?

*Sales tax on shipping, that's pretty low.

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp