Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Eec/pcm

Have a 97 ranger 2.3 w/62k orig. miles. Problem I'm having is an intermittent stumble/cutout. W/KOEO the engine light will flicker and can hear IAC and relays cycle as if eec is losing power. Radio,gauges stay steady. Found pin out diagram and looked to be 2 ign. feeds, 1 mem +, and 6 grounds. Ran wires from bat and tapped to these by EEC connector and still does it.Seems to me this would mean EEC or connector. Does this sound right? Anyone have something similar happen?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Have a 97 ranger 2.3 w/62k orig. miles. Problem I'm having is an intermittent stumble/cutout. W/KOEO the engine light will flicker and can hear IAC and relays cycle as if eec is losing power. Radio,gauges stay steady. Found pin out diagram and looked to be 2 ign. feeds, 1 mem +, and 6 grounds. Ran wires from bat and tapped to these by EEC connector and still does it.Seems to me this would mean EEC or connector. Does this sound right? Anyone have something similar happen?
My experience, PCM is the LAST place to go. It SELDOM fixes one. Connector or bad ground is where I'd start.

It seems it was the PCM.Came in mail about 2 hrs ago so I went and turned KOEO, w/old module, and got flickering engine light. Hooked up "new" one, steady. Swapped back to old (just to see) flickered. Put good one in slot, bolted in, drove around, cycled through starting and off several times, seems fixed though it's fooled me before!:headbang:Time to drive it and see. On to sticky drivers door latch, post cat small exhaust leak,dome light,pass. door window rattle or rear brake adjuster cable!!!! There is a reason for the acronym Fix Or Repair Daily!smilietease

Ford Truck Articles