Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

First Post

Well I just joined this forum yesterday. I sold my 2005 Ford F-150 to fix up my 77. The story is my papa bought this truck brand new of the show room floor. I turned 16 back in 2006 and this was my first ride. He used it for many years as a work truck and he bogged it of course. Well I tore the truck up back in 2007 messed the tranny up bogging because I was young and thought I had the baddest ride. Here it is nearly 10 years later I am a little older a little smarter and a little wiser. I decided I would sell my 2005 I bought after I got back from Afghanistan in 2011. The truck has no sentimental value to me like the 77 does. So here is my project truck im gonna try and get back up and running over the next few weeks hopefully not months. Then later down the road hopefully a restoration. Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• nick1.jpg
  • nick2.jpg
  • nick 3.jpg

Fellro

Staff member
That truck looks kinda familiar... ;) I have one with the same paint scheme and shortbed as well. No sentimental value to it though...

Well I just joined this forum yesterday. I sold my 2005 Ford F-150 to fix up my 77. The story is my papa bought this truck brand new of the show room floor. I turned 16 back in 2006 and this was my first ride. He used it for many years as a work truck and he bogged it of course. Well I tore the truck up back in 2007 messed the tranny up bogging because I was young and thought I had the baddest ride. Here it is nearly 10 years later I am a little older a little smarter and a little wiser. I decided I would sell my 2005 I bought after I got back from Afghanistan in 2011. The truck has no sentimental value to me like the 77 does. So here is my project truck im gonna try and get back up and running over the next few weeks hopefully not months. Then later down the road hopefully a restoration. Thanks for reading.

Hey ,welcome to the FTF Nick!...smilieFordlogo

That truck looks kinda familiar... ;) I have one with the same paint scheme and shortbed as well. No sentimental value to it though...

Ahh ,it bring back bad mems?....:rofl::rofl:

Hi and welcome. There are a lot of very informed Ford truck owners on this forum and believe me I have availed myself of some of their mechanical wisdom! :) That is an awesome dentside you have there and it will be more than worth the effort to bring it back! I am working on a 1973 now.
And having read your post I seem to get the idea that you were in Afghanistan in the service? If so, thank you for that service for your country. Not an easy gig....

Regards, Donald

Fellro

Staff member
Hey ,welcome to the FTF Nick!...smilieFordlogo

Ahh ,it bring back bad mems?....:rofl::rofl:

Nah, not really. Haven't gotten to drive it ever, and haven't gotten started on the resto.

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Welcome!

We all have those things we did when we were younger that we would never do now.. well most of us wouldn't :)

Can't wait to see how she turns out!

Welcome!
And again Thank You for serving. I'm a Navy Vet myself, and spent almost three years in the Gulf some years back, though it wasn't as bad as it's been for you guys this last go around.

This is a good sight to pick brains.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts