Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Do you get nervous driving your dent?

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
I do. Not so much something will happen but that something will fail hardcore and leave me stranded somewhere. I dont know why i get this feeling (these old trucks are the only vehicles ive ever owned that never left me sitting somewhere).

I was just wondering if im alone in this feeling?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Never got that feeling from either of my dents... but the Bronco had me always on edge.

When I drove my first dent, it was more or less what will somebody else do. Stopping power was next to nothing... so I was always watching out.

I never worry, if it breaks down i just tow it home, and i have never owned a Dent that cost me more then 500.00 So if it gets stolen or involved in a major crash its no big lose.

Mine was sitting for 20 years and I feel safer in it than some modern cars I've driven.. No sensors to FORCE something to go wrong basically. And since everything is mechanical, not much can go wrong that can't be righted then and there with some hand tools. Unless something catastrophic happens. And then I would assume a lack of maintenance or operator error was to blame. Because if something bad is about to happen, you can usually tell. Like a noisy differential or transmission. Or the engine not running like normal. Every time I've driven mine there hasn't been a problem.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I do get a little nervous, but many things can be fixed pretty easily. General maintanence can go a long way.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
I think i get more nervous pulling my camper. I think i need to buy a coil and brain box and keep in the truck....that would make me feel better lol

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I think i get more nervous pulling my camper. I think i need to buy a coil and brain box and keep in the truck....that would make me feel better lol

Ya, the brain box is about a must to have handy. I'll be a little nervous pulling my camper this year. Even though it's a light camper, it's still 28ft and this is the first time pulling with my 75.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
How heavy is it?

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I use mine for a daily driver, plus regular trips of about 300 miles, round trip. I don't worry about it..............maybe I should. Everything has pretty much been rebuilt, replaced.

I tried pulling an 18' camper with it, but it tends to overheat(230 deg).

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Mine never overheated but went right to the top of the normal band. But that was with the old 80% plugged radiator pulling my camper on a 95* day. With the new one it sjts between "e" and "m" in "temp" even on hot days

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Just a tick under 7000 fully loaded

I don't get a sense of unease driving it, but I did sign-up for AAA with their extended tow package, so maybe I just feel safe knowing it won't cost me a dime if I need it towed back to the house.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Nope, drove it cross country when I bought it, but with 6000 miles on it since its frame off restore. Had a blast!

It still smells like a new truck in the cab. :)

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I do figure that there is a good reason why these trucks last so long with general maintanenc so that should be enough to convince me that there is nothing to worry about.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I do figure that there is a good reason why these trucks last so long with general maintanenc so that should be enough to convince me that there is nothing to worry about.

Couldn't agree more!!!! smilieIagree smilieIagree smilieIagree smilieIagree smilieIagree

i dont get nervous driving mine as far as will it break down or leave me stranded. i get nervous when people decide to cut me off or pull out in front of me. then i think to myself"do you idiots not realize that you just cut off a 34 yr old truck made of 17 feet of solid steel and not plastic and paper thin sheet metal" if i were to hit someone with mine im certain i would destroy their car and still be able to start my old truck and at worst limp it home or to a safe location

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts