Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The Number Plate Says It All

Ford F250 Ranger XL 1973
Asking price: $10,000 Listed: Mon, 13 Jun Listing #: 384155404

This could be yours
for $141 per fortnight* Apply now

Number plate: MRSEXY
Kilometres: 100,000km
Body: gold, 2 door, Ute
Fuel type: Petrol
Engine: 8 cylinder, 5800cc, Automatic
History: 2 owners, Imported
Registration expires: May 2012
WOF expires: Dec 2011
Stereo description: sony
Features: Alloy wheels
Power steering
Towbar

Sitting in barn too long so time to go!
Big V8 still going strong
twin fuel tanks
air horns,new battery,recon starter motor
Door panel info;
-------F25HRF25L92------------
----L33--7---F253---L--4--G---381*
---08100---71
First registered in NZ 10 May 2004
Have owned since 2005
CC rating as on ownership papers 5800
Engine WE496AA

Front2.jpg

Int.jpg

int2.jpg

WOF - Warrant of fitness
Probably a bit like your safety inspections except we have to have them every six months once your vehicle is more than 5 years old.

I ran across this while searching on trademe (kiwi equivalent to EBAY) and i sure would hope that the horns came with it - not quite my cup of tea though as i like my cars to be a bit more ........ understated i guess is the word i'm looking for.

Although the bloke selling it does have his own design style i suppose.

Cheers Mark

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
WOF - Warrant of fitness
Probably a bit like your safety inspections except we have to have them every six months once your vehicle is more than 5 years old.

I ran across this while searching on trademe (kiwi equivalent to EBAY) and i sure would hope that the horns came with it - not quite my cup of tea though as i like my cars to be a bit more ........ understated i guess is the word i'm looking for.

Although the bloke selling it does have his own design style i suppose.

Cheers Mark

Thank You, and yes, I'm a fan of understated also.

Do you get to keep the license plate?

Ryan

Out here plates stay with the car as long as its registered or kept "on hold" (non op i think you guys call it) - when its a personalised plate like this you can keep it and transfer it to your new car but i think in this case he's probably gonna sell them with the truck.

Cheers Mark

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Why are the grille slats popped out beside the headlights??? For 10k I'd want a whole grille insert.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That would be $8300 in US Dollars.

Oh yeah...I keep forgetting he's from Aus...New Zealand. Still for 8k, I want a complete insert, even though I understand the going rate for these rigs is astronomical outside the US.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Oh yeah...I keep forgetting he's from Aus...New Zealand. Still for 8k, I want a complete insert, even though I understand the going rate for these rigs is astronomical outside the US.

There's no way he'd get that price in America in today's economy....maybe in a good economy. But it's only 2WD right? Not lifted. Engine bay is dirty and it looks warn for 60k miles.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^That's what I find so crazy...I've gotten into a couple in depth conversations with guys from other countries on other sites and it almost makes me want to bring a container full of trucks and parts to them. Trucks that I wouldn't pay 3k for are hitting 5 digits, trucks that I wouldn't pay 10k for are hitting 30-40+. Most recently, there's a guy on another board that is putting together a 400 for his Bronco, and parts are easily 3x's more expensive sometimes upwards of 6-7x. Simple example, a standard FellPro valley pan he purchased was $70-80 USD, $30 shipped to your door here.

^^^That's what I find so crazy...I've gotten into a couple in depth conversations with guys from other countries on other sites and it almost makes me want to bring a container full of trucks and parts to them. Trucks that I wouldn't pay 3k for are hitting 5 digits, trucks that I wouldn't pay 10k for are hitting 30-40+. Most recently, there's a guy on another board that is putting together a 400 for his Bronco, and parts are easily 3x's more expensive sometimes upwards of 6-7x. Simple example, a standard FellPro valley pan he purchased was $70-80 USD, $30 shipped to your door here.

Yep posted on here a while ago about being quoted $195 for an airtex waterpump (after i gave the parts guy the part #) which i wound up paying $21.?? for from rockauto - it wound up owing me close to $90.00 NZD after freight.

The bloke i bought my truck from had travelled to the states in the seventies with a group of hot rodders on a sightseeing and parts buying trip and loved it so much he stayed for nearly 20 years - his business became sending parts/vehicles out to NZ and AUS - what he did after they came back to NZ was to take organised trips to the states for holiday tours and parts buying trips.
They had brought some property in California and owned my truck over there for collecting parts etc - once they had decided to retire his strategy was to buy a travel trailer and load it with parts and tools that are difficult to find out here also his wife used to get rolls of fabric in there as well.
He told me that the profit from selling the travel trailer out here covered the entire cost of his trip and the profit on the contents of the tt provided him with a tidy income boost - he is now 71 and still doing this once a year just to keep himself busy.
I'm trying to sell our family hotel in Nelson NZ (my father owns the building - Joy and i own the lease/business)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=317869838

once i've managed that Bruce who i brought the truck from has said he will help me get a start on importing parts etc by giving me some contacts over there.

Cheers Mark

Wow!! Such prices! Tell ya what. If you find someone who will give me $8,000 USD for Burt, (yup, he is for sale... LONG story... :-(

..... Well you know! :)
Dak

He's a beaut looking truck and i'd like him just fine except her indoors would probably remove a vital part of my anatomy if i said gee honey look what i just brought.

There aren't many of these trucks around out here even though they were assembled as right hand drive in Australia for many years - rust and high Fuel prices killed them off - they stilll have a market though its just that they take a while to sell.
I reckon that there is more money to be made in selling parts , engines , transmissions as shipping becomes an issue.
We are pretty lucky in NZ as there is no import duty on any vehicle and if it is over 20 years old no emmissions and no need to convert to right hand drive as long as its under 3500kg glw - unfortunately this rules out F250s of which i would love a diesel one - love that diesel v8 rattle.

Cheers Mark

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
am I the only one that noticed the vin has an 'H' in it denoting 390ci but it says the engine size is 5800cc which would be a 351 or more likely a 360 - 390 should be iirc 6.4l and therefore 6400cc...

but anyway...

Ford Truck Articles