Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Started mine again.

One day,,,,,,,,,, I'll drive it !!!!!

Isn't it bad for a vehicle to sit for as long as yours does without driving it?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
It's not the best thing in the world. But then you read about someone pulling a car out of a garage after 30 years and its fine.

Yeah that's true......I've been told by mechanics that things like pumps and such should be turning off and on.....seals need to be lubricated to avoid cracking, etc. I try pulling my dent out 2 or 3 times in the middle of winter when my driveway is clear of snow after a few sunny days and that's on top of starting it at least every other week and letting the engine temp get up to normal range.

null_zps6c254af0.jpg

Lost second gear after a 5000 RPM pull. Pulled it apart to find that the adjusment wedge for the intermediate band fell out due to somebodies misadjustment at some point. Band lining is quite nice.

Couldn't handle my big bad 390! smilietease

Going to reassemble with a new valve body from Broader Performance. The cost for me to rebuild my VB setup the way I want it (firm and quick) is almost as much as a professionally setup unit from him, so I'll go that route.

Derek.

Last edited:
null_zps6c254af0.jpg

Lost second gear after a 5000 RPM pull. Pulled it apart to find that the adjusment wedge for the intermediate band fell out due to somebodies misadjustment at some point. Band lining is quite nice.

Going to reassemble with a new valve body from Broader Performance. The cost for me to rebuild my VB setup the way I want it (firm and quick) is almost as much as a professionally setup unit from him, so I'll go that route.

Derek.

:horrormovie: you are braver then me. I know nothing on automatics i would of never even dropped the pan. I wish you the best on getting her back right

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
null_zps6c254af0.jpg

Derek.

Basicly Derick that is how mine is setup,,,you will love it!!smilieFordlogo

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Washed her all up and drove it to town to run errands. EPA be damned :)

Well got the gas tank in, ( Advance Auto, made in Canada tank ) It 4 hours to put it in, worse fitting tank i have ever seen. i had to beat and bend the lip all over the tank the weld lip was 1 inch bigger then the old tank.
I am glad i painted the tank cause it is never coming back out, i am just glad its done.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
I bought my tank from autozone. Fit like a glove. It has a rear tank though.

I found a guy parting out a 78 bronco, so i snagged the steering column and the two factory green door panels. for 25.00

I did a check on the fuel tank install, and found my front tank strap loosened up, after driving to get parts.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Of our fuel tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts