Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The 94 got in a wreck

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
My lovely wife was driving the old 1994 F150 to work today. She was approaching an accident, and an officer stepped out slightly instructing her to stop, so she complied.

Then out of nowhere, CRUNCH. The person behind her did not yeild.

Anyway, the 1994 has a small bend in the bumper (it already had one, it's just slightly bent a different way) and the exhaust tip kind of got squished into an egg shape instead of perfectly round.

The Corolla is totaled.

Ryan

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
sorry to hear your wife was in an accident... bet the person behind her was on their cell...

Those bumpers are pretty solid as a now embarrassed corolla owner knows from personal experience. :) :) :) :) - glad your wife is ok and the damage is pretty limited plus at least if it had to happen it was in front of one of the best witness's you can get.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
The person behind her was an old lady. I didn't get the impression she was on a cell, but maybe she was looking down or away, she mentally checked out long enough to get buried under the trailer hitch.

I'll post a couple pics tonight when I get home. It was probably a $4,000 car, maybe $5,000 if it was low miles. It's definitely totaled.

Ryan

Fellro

Staff member
The guy that had the 75 before I had it put a custom heavy duty bumper on it. He was sitting at a stop light and saw the car approaching too fast from behind, so he braced for it. At the scene, the cops asked him if he had any damage. "yeah, she put a hole in my license plate. " The other car was totaled.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
I was just out of high school headed to work early one morning and dozed off. My bag slid off the seat and thumped the floor and woke me up in time to hit the brakes and slide into a OBS Power Stroke. Popped the plastic cover off his bumper and his hitch dented my core support.

The guy that had the 75 before I had it put a custom heavy duty bumper on it. He was sitting at a stop light and saw the car approaching too fast from behind, so he braced for it. At the scene, the cops asked him if he had any damage. "yeah, she put a hole in my license plate. " The other car was totaled.

Guy I worked with way back when had a similar situation happen. Steel flatbed with a drop down bumper. Totaled the car didn't hardly scratch the bed...

Likeastone

Mrs. O'Rattlecan
Missouri
So we came up over this hill and saw the emergency lights. I start slowing down. She was a safe distance behind me at that point. She claims she was trying to avoid the glass in the road from the other wreck. She had to not have been paying attention for a while because I definitely didn't have to slam on my breaks for the cop, and it wasn't a little tap. I saw her car from the mirrors and thought the damage to the truck was going to be way worse. Needless to say I am thankful that I was not in the mustang this morning because there might be a different outcome.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
The Corolla is totaled.

Ryan

Two very important observations:

a) It's good that nobody was hurt.

b) One less vehicle with a permanent defect on the American roads. Nice!

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
My favorite line when the officer was giving me my paperwork back: "So what is the truck's primary color?"

Four toned is not an option!

lol probably 5 toned now from what rubbed off from the corolla.. lol

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Too bad about the accident, but glad to hear everyne's OK- and damage is minor.

I had a Trans Am slide underneath my F150 in freezing rain once. Went right up to the windshield. Lifted the truck up a bit, but no damage other than some underside scrapes.

Probably a good thing she was hit by a light car, with a front end thats made to collapse in an accident to absorb impact.
Glad everybody is OK.

My father told me about a friend of his that saw someone coming from behind and just pulled over the median to get out of the way. The on coming car totaled the car that was originally in front of him. The driver of the car in front then tried to sue the friend for letting the oncoming car hit him. Judge threw it out.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts