Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Supercharging...

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
So I've schemed up my next vehicle purchase, and it'll be probably the most thought out to date! For the longest of time, I've wanted a Harley Davidson F-150 simply because they're supercharged, but I don't care for the looks of them.

Here's my ponder, or game plan (pondering a game plan?):
1. Buy a spot-on-down-right-CLEAN F-150 King Ranch optioned similar to my black 03.
2. Outfit said King Ranch with supercharger comparable to Harley Davidson
3. Complete said goal and sell at a loss (customary per my past)

My research indicates that I save about three grand by going with a KR over an HD, so that leaves plenty in the budget for forcing induction.

How realistic is this idea?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If you want an HD edition...get the HD edition...don't FTFFTFFTFFTF around with it as you will get jack shit when you sell if it is not the factory edition.

If you want an HD edition...get the HD edition...don't FTFFTFFTFFTF around with it as you will get jack shit when you sell if it is not the factory edition.

Isn't the drive train beefed up on the HD with the S/C?
What about removing the badging on the HD...

Yep just get the hd version Austin - it'll be a lot easier to change the badges and even the interior than buggerise around swapping ecu's and engine/transmission combo's .

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I'd easily have 3 grand in interior parts, exterior paint and body changes, wheels, etc. by swapping an HD over.

I'd easily have 3 grand in interior parts, exterior paint and body changes, wheels, etc. by swapping an HD over.

3k won't be far away for the driveline swap either Austin ..... much more straightforward and easier to swap out the interior.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Throw a supercharger on a King Ranch or Lariat if you don't like the HD stuff.

Gather the swap equipment first, then pick a truck based on the supercharger, year, transmission, etc.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles