Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you work on today

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
I'll see if I can find some, although I don't know how to link utube videos [emoji848]

Blue-Truck-Nut97

crank polisher
Open the video, hit the arrow ( share) button, copy, then paste the link in your post.

I just watched a couple, baking soda and water was also used. Really cool process. Just don't zap yourself......

When I was a kid we had a battery leak on an oak trailer floor, we put baking soda/water over the acid to kill it, anywhere the acid/soda reaction happened stained the grain a vibrant purple. But I've never been able to duplicate that.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
I found a few on plywood, but the ones I saw before were on 2x4, 6, 8, 10's... and were very cool looking. Not real impressed with the baking soda yet!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'll see if I can find some, although I don't know how to link utube videos [emoji848]

See the red square with the word 'tube'?....click that and copy the video ID between the '=' signs.When you click on the that this will show up....paste that number between the 2 sets of brackets

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
See the red square with the word 'tube'?....click that and copy the video ID between the '=' signs.When you click on the that this will show up....paste that number between the 2 sets of brackets
I'll try that when I find one worth a crap, thanks

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
Made a jig when I got home and remade the inner ring, alot happier with it now[emoji16]
abd87b4368f0aabb2eb4aabed86fba35.jpg
5f65ab6494c556de2a57d56f967106bd.jpg

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
Back to the equipment side of things. Went an worked on a JD CT332 skidsteer. Complaint of the parking brake won't release. I ended up finding the engine speed sensor was broke from SO MUCH DIRT BUILD UP from behind the fuel tank, that it broke the mounts and pushed it into the sensor. Spent all morning breaking up the frozen dirt to move the tank back.

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
Then went to a JD 844K series 3 AR with SCR codes. Took me a few hours but found the def dosing pump that I put in a month ago was bad. Figured out the def tank vent was plugged causing the pump to work way to hard and were itself out[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
Got a 2554 Deere tracked log loader trying to figure out weak hydraulics on[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Installed a handicapped toilet for my Dad. Been working to get his house more elder friendly for him.

Been doing the same for the wife. Lots of grab bars for baths, showers, etc.

Spend as much time with him as you possibly can.
You wont regret it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

YelloThumbUpYelloThumbUpYelloThumbUp

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
I tested track cycle times on that 2554, spec is 3 revolutions in 30 seconds in low speed. It was 22 seconds for each revolution [emoji53][emoji15]. The pumps are shot or someone has really phucked with the pump regulators. All pressures are half of spec and cylinder cycle times are double the spec. Meaning low flow and low pressure. [emoji857][emoji857][emoji857][emoji857]

Blue-Truck-Nut97

crank polisher
Way to go Doc! Looks like that's gonna be a mess.

Still fitting everything, going to fit the carrier and 5th wheel slide, and the bulkhead for the air lines, then it's all coming apart back to bare frame. Clean the cuttings out and zinc chromate everything, then final assembly, then paint.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts