Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generations 8-9

Generations 8-9 1987-1996 F150 + 1987-1997 F250, F350

Old 05-24-2018, 11:33 AM
Licensed to Represent!

taxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEB Ben View Post
The brodozer/diesel rice tax has gotten insane in the 92-96/7 ford world. Only things that seem to still be bought in good shape for $5-7k are the 150's. Talking 4x4's strictly...can still get some pretty sweet 2wd deals across the board. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on your first two trucks at the $7k range.
I'm doing it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Rattlecan View Post
If you're not looking for a winter war wagon to get through 3 feet of snow, a 2wd might actually be better.

Ryan
MAN, you really got me thinking Ryan.....I'm not sure I can do that....there's something to say about the comforts of having all four wheels going when there's even just a little snow out.....I think I have to have 4wd....and not that resale is a big thing for me, but you'll NEVER sell a 2wd in Maine....not for any decent type of money the vehicle is worth anyways.
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
Or, as the great Greek philosopher Testiclees once said: "Man who goes through turnstyle in airport is going to Bangkok."
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2018, 11:36 AM
Licensed to Represent!

taxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
The brodozer/diesel rice tax has gotten insane in the 92-96/7 ford world. Only things that seem to still be bought in good shape for $5-7k are the 150's. Talking 4x4's strictly...can still get some pretty sweet 2wd deals across the board. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on your first two trucks at the $7k range.
The 96 is too big (long bed)...want something short, or as short as can be with the extra cab for the boys. I'm going to big on the 95 though and i'll make my cap 8, unless I get emotional and move it up to 9, but that would be about it I think.
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Or, as the great Greek philosopher Testiclees once said: "Man who goes through turnstyle in airport is going to Bangkok."
Old 05-25-2018, 03:33 AM
Licensed to Represent!

^^^put my bid in....didn't cap it yet....strategy is to put my max cap at the very end.....try and keep emotional bidding to a minimum so price doesn't get inflated.
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Old 05-25-2018, 10:38 AM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

LEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxreliever View Post
The 96 is too big (long bed)...want something short, or as short as can be with the extra cab for the boys. I'm going to big on the 95 though and i'll make my cap 8, unless I get emotional and move it up to 9, but that would be about it I think.
Yeah...being in Maine, you're cap probably should be higher than mine. I sometimes forget not everybody around the country has running, driving, straight and rust free 40 year old vehicles sitting around for less than $3k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxreliever View Post
^^^put my bid in....didn't cap it yet....strategy is to put my max cap at the very end.....try and keep emotional bidding to a minimum so price doesn't get inflated.
When I was doing a lot of ebay'ing, there used to be 'sniping' tools you could use that would hold all your bids until the last 3 seconds...so you wouldn't artificially raise a price, get outbid and essentially bid yourself up.

'77 250 400 Boggers (show)__'96 350 CC 460 SSR's (work)__'79 Bronco 400 35's (play)

Quote:
Inspired by Ian
We live in a society that keeps finding answers to problems people never knew they had.
I bow my head to Jesus, stand for my family, love only one woman, and am always proud of what I have.

Standing by my gun and Bible since 1986.

Ben
Old 05-25-2018, 03:29 PM
Licensed to Represent!

Quote:
Yeah...being in Maine, you're cap probably should be higher than mine. I sometimes forget not everybody around the country has running, driving, straight and rust free 40 year old vehicles sitting around for less than $3k.

When I was doing a lot of ebay'ing, there used to be 'sniping' tools you could use that would hold all your bids until the last 3 seconds...so you wouldn't artificially raise a price, get outbid and essentially bid yourself up.
That's cool Ben...I didn't know that.....if there is such a thing, I still don't know about it.....I do know that for a lot of local stuff, Facebook marketplace seems to be better than ebay and craigslist.....

Seems like FB, Amazon and Google are taking over the world.

I actually love the exposure FB marketplace gets from sharing and the whole friends network thing going on....far more exposure than just someone going on craigslist and looking by themselves.
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Old 05-26-2018, 12:05 PM
just growing older not up

polarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like a nice truck. Can't help much on pricing- paid (IMO) too much for a '95 Bronco last year. As mentioned before, we forget out here that rust-free examples of those trucks aren't rolling around just about everywhere. Most of them out here are still at work that I see.

re: transmission. It might have a 4EOD trans- they put both in '95. Look for a 20 bolt pan (4EOD) vs. a 14 bolt pan (4R70W). We've had great luck with 4EOD transmissions- over 300K on one, almost 275K on another. The secret, I think, is not to let them shift into O/D until you're doing 60mph plus (OD "off" button is my default mode)., The important thing is it doesn't have the pushbutton 4WD- that was a source of grief.

Not passing Ca emissions might be an issue- depends on what the problem is. Ca is so stringent, it's hard to say.

Good luck in any event.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:36 AM
owned by Fords

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
Well?????I see it sold for less than you were planning on.
Did you win it?
Old 05-28-2018, 02:31 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, the suspense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 05-28-2018, 06:44 PM
owned by Fords

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re72di5phM0
Old 05-28-2018, 07:22 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!