Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Engines > 351M, 400

Old 11-27-2014, 06:57 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by m78 View Post
I might be missing something, but it says there's 9 left.
You're right, Mark. Looks like somebody bought ONE of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2014, 11:22 AM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMI View Post
FYI...351C and 351M/400 do not use the same thermostat.
351M/400 do not require the "top hat" on the thermostat.

351C block

351M/400 block

I'm confused as well now....I just went and looked at my block and it is the way the 351C shows
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:18 PM

TMI is a jewel in the roughTMI is a jewel in the roughTMI is a jewel in the roughTMI is a jewel in the rough
See...we are human. I went and looked and found a few other 400 blocks that look like the 351C water outlet.

This thermostat we purchased from a local Carquest. We used it in a 351C engine.
Part #30089, just a few bucks.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:43 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you very much, Tim.

Quote:
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Old 12-01-2014, 01:57 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Tim!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:10 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by m78 View Post
Whats a good price Doug ?
Just saw this one is a 195*

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271664504517
This was delivered today. It is a NAPA THM 297 thermostat. It was $9.95 with free shipping. The NAPA website lists it as $6.99. At least he didn't try to make money on it.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-02-2014, 09:36 AM

TMI is a jewel in the roughTMI is a jewel in the roughTMI is a jewel in the roughTMI is a jewel in the rough
OK...I have totally screwed up now!!!

The pictures that I have posted about the water outlet, I have them labeled backwards.

The large hole, is the 351C outlet, but without the brass restrictor.
Hence the larger hole.

SO...the 351C (top-hat) style of thermostat should not be needed in the 351M/400 block.

I am very sorry for any confusion I may have caused, when you look at Ford and Cleveland style blocks all day, I can confuse myself.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:40 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

With the amount of work that you have done to remove the 400 from boat-anchor status, you're forgiven. Thank you.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-02-2014, 09:49 AM

Thank you!!

It does make me feel kind of dumb.

But as far as "boat anchors"

I am feeling that with the latest builds, we have a 434 that has now made over 620 HP on the street, if it fits, it can be the better choice.

Now the advantage that the 400 has, is in the last few years of being in a truck, I feel the casting are thicker and stronger.
If a 351C block was making 600 HP on the street, it probably would not last very long before it split the cylinders.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

Boiled Thermostat for lunch. This NAPA 195* thermostat started opening at 185* and was fully open at 195*.

Might try this one until another one arrives.

Quote:
Quote: