Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > Trailers, Towing and RV's

Trailers, Towing and RV's If you can pull it, discuss it here.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:14 PM

amkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Have a great time Doug!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2013, 10:08 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you. I'll be thinkin' of yall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 08-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFXDLI View Post
Hey.....just for the record..I was not on that trip....and, I'm surprised you remembered that!

My censoring is more of things a person should not consume before operating a motorized vehicle

I'm even MORE surprised I remembered that. One should not consume large amounts of prune juice before going on a long ride.

Quote:
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Old 09-01-2013, 01:22 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

Leaving Thursday..........Can't wait to GTH outta Dodge.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-01-2013, 08:58 AM
The Token Canadian
Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I'm even MORE surprised I remembered that. One should not consume large amounts of prune juice before going on a long ride.
Quote:
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:43 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

Was a WONDERFUL trip..............after we got there. It took us two days to travel 130 miles. The fuel selecting valve went out on the '89 Ford(mechanical and hard to find)> I ended up getting the truck towed about 40 miles for $200, then had to wait three days for parts.

Then one of the wheel bearings on the trailer grenaded. It is hard to find bearings by make/model of travel trailer. I had to pull the other wheel off(double axle) and pull the bearing to match up the bearing by dimensions.

Regardless, the trip was nice.

The trailer is finally set up

View from our camping spot

The campground host was a ford fan. I tried to "spread the word" about FTF, but he didn't seem interested.

Another Ford vision of loveliness. Our oldest boy drove the '78 up to join us. It was fun to watch people drive thru the campground and stop and point at the truck.

Picture of Little Tongue River back behind our camping spot. Got down to 28 deg. Wednesday night.

And for the Grand Finale(for anybody who is interested-Ahem, Eric), a truckload of sheep.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-12-2013, 01:15 AM

amkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond repute
That's great Doug, glad you had a awesome time. The pictures are really nice, what a spot. 28*!!! yikes, fall was definitely in the air there, wait, that's more like a winter temperature!!!
Having the trailer sure beats a tent, got to get one
Old 09-12-2013, 01:21 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

Thanks, Roy. Decent, older trailers can be had fairly cheap. Ours is an '88, but had been used about 4 times since purchased new. The gas stove still had the operating instructions inside the stove.

The campground was at 8400 feet.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-12-2013, 01:36 AM

Ah, yes, would get nippy at that elevation. That seems to be a common thing with RV's, being like new and hardly used. Yours is nice
Old 09-12-2013, 02:20 AM
Licensed to Represent!

taxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond repute
Spot looks awesome and it looks like you had nice weather....at least when you took the pictures! Glad you had a good time!
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Or, as the great Greek philosopher Testiclees once said: "Man who goes through turnstyle in airport is going to Bangkok."