Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Engines > 351M, 400

Old 09-02-2009, 05:29 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
T M I 434

Ok, got off the phonw with TMI today....heads are being cc'd to work out the dish required in the pistons, final CR to be between 11 and 11.5:1 static.
Trying to have the parts shipped up here by the end of Sept.

Last edited by Blue Goose; 09-02-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

LEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet Duncan...so you gonna do all the wrok yourself? For some reason I thought you sent your block to them. Dumb question, but with that compression, you gonna have to run premium octane? Or will the heads negate that?

'77 250 400 Boggers (show)__'96 350 CC 460 SSR's (work)__'79 Bronco 400 35's (play)

Quote:
Inspired by Ian
We live in a society that keeps finding answers to problems people never knew they had.
I bow my head to Jesus, stand for my family, love only one woman, and am always proud of what I have.

Standing by my gun and Bible since 1986.

Ben
Old 09-02-2009, 05:36 PM
FTFS Designated DRINKER!

TexasNomad has a reputation beyond reputeTexasNomad has a reputation beyond reputeTexasNomad has a reputation beyond reputeTexasNomad has a reputation beyond reputeTexasNomad has a reputation beyond reputeTexasNomad has a reputation beyond reputeTexasNomad has a reputation beyond reputeTexasNomad has a reputation beyond reputeTexasNomad has a reputation beyond reputeTexasNomad has a reputation beyond reputeTexasNomad has a reputation beyond repute
Thats awesome U da man Duncan ;p
02 Ranger Edge 4x4 4.0

Tex the AK-toting Liyote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:36 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTfball68 View Post
Sweet Duncan...so you gonna do all the wrok yourself? For some reason I thought you sent your block to them. Dumb question, but with that compression, you gonna have to run premium octane? Or will the heads negate that?
I will be doing the work myself with a helping hand from a friend. The combination of AL, closed chamber, squish, altitude and cam should let me be able to run it on 91....which is our premium. If I go to the coast they sell 93-94 there and I really don't intend on the truck leaving our altitude, if anything 3500' is the minimum it will see. Originally we were gonna shoot for 12-12.5:1 but to be on the safe side will drop it. Cam will be in the .600 lift with 225ish and 235ish duration...I don't know the final specs yet.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:48 PM

hollenjoe has a spectacular aura abouthollenjoe has a spectacular aura abouthollenjoe has a spectacular aura about
With aluminuim quench you could go up to a whole point and a half compared to open iron heads... You could use 9:1/9.5:1 dyanmic cr on 91 octane... which makes a heck of a powerfull/efficient power plant, are you planning on a efi setup or a good ol carb?
Old 09-02-2009, 05:59 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollenjoe View Post
With aluminuim quench you could go up to a whole point and a half compared to open iron heads... You could use 9:1/9.5:1 dyanmic cr on 91 octane... which makes a heck of a powerfull/efficient power plant, are you planning on a efi setup or a good ol carb?
I'm leaning towards a Demon carb at the moment. I've done some looking on fuel injection but haven't really seen anything that I like. I am familiar with both the TTS Mastertune and Thundermax products for bikes. Chances are it will wind up being a 750 Speed Demon.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:24 PM

hollenjoe has a spectacular aura abouthollenjoe has a spectacular aura abouthollenjoe has a spectacular aura about
Nice, youve seen danlees 434 right? you should check out his setup
Old 09-02-2009, 06:31 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

Is that the one that had the Lightining set-up?
Old 09-02-2009, 08:47 PM
^LARGE carbon footprint^

UNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond reputeUNRULEE has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFXDLI View Post
Is that the one that had the Lightining set-up?
I think it was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Do I really need to reply to this thread? I have been fishing, drinking and then cleaning fish, followed by more drinking. Not exactly in that order.

1979 F250 4X4, far from stock
2005 F250 6.0, stock ...........I swear.
2008 Expedition Limited 4x4,Loaded, The wife's rig
2004 Lincoln Town Car, my plush work ride
Old 09-02-2009, 10:26 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

I'm thinking I'll wind up with the carb set-up...I also want to get the cruise control to work, everything is there except the vacuum actuator and the linkage....I'm sure I can find something at the wreckers to make it work.