Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > Trailers, Towing and RV's

Trailers, Towing and RV's If you can pull it, discuss it here.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:39 AM
sawmill slave

primetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond repute
School me on 5th wheels

So we decided to go camping again. We cleaned out our old camper, and decided it isn`t for us anymore. It needs to many repairs, and I never liked pulling it (18' single axle). In the last 24 hours we (mama, lol) have started looking for something different. I have my criteria, she has hers. Me, 5th wheel hitch, because for once in my life I want something that tows nice and doesn`t make my knuckles white, and isn`t a falling down pos that I immiediatly have to put a bunch of work into. Her, cheap, and a place to sleep. Oh, and an awning.

So heres what we`ve found so far.
http://www.brewbakers.com/index.php?catid=16&id=1412
The floor feels like it is dovetailed right above the axle eqaulizer bracket. But the frame is straight. It has $3300 in the window, and the salesman who cornered us said "the fridge doesn`t work, I`ll let you have it for $2500." Mama thinks we could get it for $2000, but it kinda makes me nervous. Oh and the daughter married into the family that owns the place. That could work in our favor, but I don`t like to play that card. Much.

I jumped on Craigslist and found these.
http://nmi.craigslist.org/rvs/4550716935.html

http://nmi.craigslist.org/rvs/4517384532.html

Well, there you have it. You can see what we are looking to spend, and that we are not afraid to put in a little elbow grease, but we want something sound. So aside from tires and frame rails and what not, what should I inspect? Thanks for any help guys.

Justin

With a little luck and a greenback dollar you gonna see me shine.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2016, 01:31 PM

welderr is on a distinguished road
Anything you buy, look for leaks. The damage caused by water can be awful. Especially if it went through a freeze cycle.

Guess this thread is a little old hey. lol. Should have looked first.
Old 01-10-2016, 06:59 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Good advice though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.