Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Engines > 351M, 400

Old 05-08-2014, 02:41 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
I posted results of a short camping trip on another thread, and thought I would post it here, also, so all the info is in the same place.

I towed the 18 ft trailer about 180 miles round trip. Ambient temps were from 60 - 70 deg. Going down, the engine temps peaked at about 212 degrees. Coming back, longer grade, the engine temps peaked at about 222 deg before I got to the top of the grade, but cooled down nicely after getting over the top of the grade(195 deg). Also started pinging at higher temps.

The radiator did not boil over.

I will change the timing back from 12 deg to 10 deg.

Overall, the engine temps were lower by about 10 deg.(200-210, instead of 210 - 220)

We will see what happens later this summer when the ambient temps increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Sponsored Links