Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Where can I find a vacuum schematic?

C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\ADAM\1979 351M Vacuum diagram.bmp

Not sure if the images will show up? But anyway, I am trying to find a readable vacuum schematic for a 351M on a '79 F100. I wondered if anyone knew a link to a 2D schematic that is laid out like a electrical schematic instead of a 3D drawing. I looked in the Ford Truck Shop Manual "Engine"; no luck. If anyone knows a web site or has a link to a post on a forum that shows one I would greatly appreciate it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dennis (Mil1ion) is the guy you'll wanna see for that. Hopefully, he'll see this, although I haven't seen him on as much lately...but if he doesn't, shoot him a PM.

Dennis (Mil1ion) is the guy you'll wanna see for that. Hopefully, he'll see this, although I haven't seen him on as much lately...but if he doesn't, shoot him a PM.

Yea, ol' Dennis seems to be the man with a plan! I'll get up with him if he does not reply to this post first. Thanks UTfball68.

Dentside, There 26 different diagrams for the 79 351M .

I need the calibration number from your tag if you have it.

If not, I need to know

State - 49 state or California
Carb tag info

PA150053.jpg

Last edited:
Need help with diagram

Hello all first thank you for allowing myself to join the group!!

Now i need help i have a 1986 f-250 with a 351 Mod with holly 4barrel carb does anyone have a diagram of the vacuum system. i can not find one.
if i can not i am sunk. any an all help would be gratefully appreciated.
happy holidays to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smilieFordlogo

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
First of all, welcome to FTF. This thread is in the Gen 6 forum(73-79) Fords. Do you have a 351M transplanted from a Gen 6 truck? The other possibility is you have 351W(original engine) which is an entirely different beast. If you could elaborate, someone could get you the correct diagram.

vacuum diagram

I really don't know how to tell what it is . I am pretty dumb when it comes to stuff like this. I was told a 351m but how do I tell for sure thanks

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I really don't know how to tell what it is . I am pretty dumb when it comes to stuff like this. I was told a 351m but how do I tell for sure thanks

The 351W has 5 bolts on the valve covers, 351M has 8.

On the 351W the top radiator hose goes to the intake manifold, on the 351M it does not, it goes to the block.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Also, if you're sure it's a 351, the fuel pump bolts are vertically opposed on the 351M, and the fuel pump bolts are horizontally opposed on the W.

ok i finally got a chance to look at the motor i counted 5 bolts on valve cover an the top rad hose goes in at the top into the manifold so it sounds to me it is the 351W as you guys say. so next question is there any good to see an readable easy to understand diagrams of the vacuum system thanks alot guys

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
There should be a sticker on one of the valve covers or maybe on the hood (inside) with a series of numbers on it...that corresponds to the particular calibration of the vacuum hose routing.
There seems to be all kinds of different ones esp. for California.
I can post up a generic one from 1981 for a 351W, but I don't know how much help it would be.

vacuum diagram

yeah there is a small piece of a sticker but more then half of it is gone
and there is no other ones on there at all i looked for them first. so anything would be helpful, thank you all for what help you have given an i hope you have a Nice an happy New Years. Nick

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Ok, I will post a few up.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I will post them here for the benefit of others, you will be able to download them directly to your computer.

I'm going to edit your email out of the post because the bots will pick it up and you will be spammed to death :)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Look in your 1986 F250 thread :)

Ford Truck Articles