Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Barn Find!

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
I answered a ad for some welding tanks yesterday,
turns out it was a bunch of scrap tanks and metal in a old warehouse that this lady wants hauled off, it was her dads storage for all this stuff he hoarded, and the building is falling down, so I am waiting to hear if I got the gig or not
but anyways there are two old 78-9 supercabs in there
as much money is there to be made, I got more interested in them!?
they are dirty and ruff but there are a lot of good parts!
keep your fingers crossed for me! chances look good that I may win the bid? ...Rick

good find....barns are gold

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
well its not really a barn, but that was the only way I could think of to phrase it, I am going to call the lady and see if I can go and take some picture's to post? like I said they are not pretty but still its a cool find!

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
It turns out this lady was a freak! and she already has someone contracted to do the job? why she called me I have no clue? but I got in touch with the guy cleaning out the place and he was pulling one of the trucks out and loading it, what a difference some light makes, these trucks are shot! not much worth saving. but I took some pictures and I will post them up later after I get back home for the night and I have more time, it was interesting to see the place, and it was right here by my house so it was worth it just to snap a few shots

Last edited:

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
I'll post them up in about an hour or so?
what I forgot to mention was when I was at the scrap yard today some idiot had me blocked in so I went over to the guy unloading next to me to give him a hand since I was stuck for a few anyways? well the guy starts asking about my truck and it turns out he has a couple 78's that he is thinking about junking? and he is going to give me a call when he does so I can come out and see if there is anything I can use? I can never have to many spare parts!!
Oh shit I forgot, the scrapyard has some really nice 16" tires and I asked about them and the guy called me back and said $100 bucks takes all 4, so that is cool ."KARMA BABY...KARMA" what goes around comes around

Last edited:

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
here are the picture's I snapped, keep in mind this is junk, but I still found it cool and sad all at the same time? what kind of ford nuts are we???
Picture073.jpg

Picture074.jpg

Picture079.jpg

this is the other one in there, the only thing that looked like it might be worth saving was the tailgate? but I didn't feel it was worth the time?
Picture078.jpg

Picture077.jpg

Picture076.jpg

like I said it was just cool to see, I hope you enjoy

Storm

Holy cow.. I wouldnt want that job.. Thats A LOT of crap.. Just speculation.. What would something like that normally cost? I'm curious to what the old lady was paying to clean up that huge mess :)

What's he doing with them?
78 custom SC
78 or 79 Lariat
all those emblems/chrome/options are worth something.

Did the lariat have a vanity mirror ..it doesn't look like from here?
The DS sunvisor is too thin.

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
they money to be made is coming from all the scrap metal
and he was hauling those off to the dreaded crusher
they had been sitting in that damp dark shet hole for years
it was way worse then it looks
if they would have been 4x4 I might have fought for them??
we will see what turns up next

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
if yall want barn finds, i got one FOR yall hERE IN laramie, TheReS a 73-79 FOrd iN a baRN ALoNg wIth a OlD FiBerGlAsS bOAt, aND A cOUPLE OF diesel motors including a n14 i believe car parts and what not.

what i hear from the locals is that its an old refinery. but if i can get in there again ill snap some pics.

Anthony

what a friggin shame

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
Definitely see if you can get some pictures?
but just don't get yourself in trouble doing it?????????????
but if you do? send us pictures of that too :nono: :rofl: 'smiliedoh'

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
ill tell yall the story of when we went investigating this place. Pretty creepy

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
if yall want barn finds, i got one FOR yall hERE IN laramie, TheReS a 73-79 FOrd iN a baRN ALoNg wIth a OlD FiBerGlAsS bOAt, aND A cOUPLE OF diesel motors including a n14 i believe car parts and what not.

what i hear from the locals is that its an old refinery. but if i can get in there again ill snap some pics.

Anthony

What's with the wacky capitalization? lol.

It's to make your eyes dance :)

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
That really sucks that he just threw them in there and all of the junk on top of them. I bet those trucks weren't in too bad of shape when they were first parked there.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
hey i cant email the picture from my cell phone to the computer. So i dont have any pics. besides on my cell

Ford Truck Articles